Old 27-02-2010, 10:52 AM
Registered User

Default Nemaslug - used it?

I am trying out nematodes (sp?) for the first time this year. They are tiny parasites that live on slugs, and only slugs. As the slugs simply shrugged and s******ed at my slug pellets last year, and I'm worried about the dog/baby eating them (pellets not slugs, slugs are fine), I thought I'd give it a go. It's not cheap, so I hope it works, I've already spotted a couple of tiny slugs in the garden. Yuck. I hate their munching slimy meanness.

Do you use them? How did it work out for you?

I'll update with what happens during the spring growing season, which is when slugs are the worst problem.
Old 23-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Registered User

Location: Cambridgeshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmainiandevil View Post
I am trying out nematodes (sp?) for the first time this year. They are tiny parasites that live on slugs, and only slugs. As the slugs simply shrugged and s******ed at my slug pellets last year, and I'm worried about the dog/baby eating them (pellets not slugs, slugs are fine), I thought I'd give it a go. It's not cheap, so I hope it works, I've already spotted a couple of tiny slugs in the garden. Yuck. I hate their munching slimy meanness.

Do you use them? How did it work out for you?

I'll update with what happens during the spring growing season, which is when slugs are the worst problem.
Hi, I started using nemaslug last year. Really, really impressed with it. It is quite expensive, but when you work out the cost of spreading slug pellets over a 6 week period, it cant be much different and once applied you can forget about them for 6 weeks.

Overall I would give them 9 / 10 (I would give 10 if the price was a bit lower) anyway I found the cheapest place he www.nemaslug-slug-killer.co.uk

They list the cheapest nematode suppliers in order (cheapest first). I'm still waiting for my nematodes now, think they should be here any day....

[IMG] code is On

Nemaslug etc Judith United Kingdom 8 11-06-2012 09:35 AM
Nemaslug Graham Harrison United Kingdom 2 04-07-2005 02:31 PM
Nemaslug didn't work Bruce Ella United Kingdom 4 17-06-2003 06:08 PM
nemaslug Bruce Ella United Kingdom 12 05-06-2003 09:19 AM
Nemaslug Barry & Iris McCanna United Kingdom 5 24-04-2003 08:32 PM