Old 03-04-2010, 09:42 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Small garden commences

I know it's not like the rest of you guys here, but hey, we can't all be
masters!

I now have 6 tomatoes in a large container pot, and 2 more in ground. Had
to use the front yard for the in ground due to flea spray and such for the
dog in the back.

Planted an added strawberry in my slowly growing strawberry container (they
come back up each year). Lettuce now greening a container and the lavender
is getting bigger. I tried something new for us, broccoli just because I
want to see it grow. Put in some spinach in another container. Bell
peppers this year will go in the side yard with cages. About 6 plants is
plenty for us. 1 planter has wild cutting flowers and 4 remain to be
planted.

There's a sweet William in the front that lived all winter, and just put 14
snap dragons in a pot for color. Best of all., my baby apple trees survived
their first winter and are now leafing out itty bitty baby leaves in the
front yard.

Old 03-04-2010, 09:55 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"cshenk" wrote:

[...]

Well I just noticed the rosemary made it over winter in a wall of
water. Side observation mint inclosed is thinking it is August. I
wrote that tidbit down.

I'm so smart I just purchased some semblance of mint for about $3 when
my dormant garden has superior mint quality hidden. So much for being a
master gardener.

--
Bill Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
"I have always looked upon decay as being just as wonderful

Old 03-04-2010, 10:59 PM posted to rec.gardens

"Bill who putters" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

I know it's not like the rest of you guys here, but hey, we can't all be
masters!

(snippies)

Well I just noticed the rosemary made it over winter in a wall of
water. Side observation mint inclosed is thinking it is August. I
wrote that tidbit down.

Here, we got 20 year high snow levels. Suprising to see what did make it,
they say shouldnt have.

I'm so smart I just purchased some semblance of mint for about $3 when
my dormant garden has superior mint quality hidden. So much for being a
master gardener.

Grin, had a patch of mint here. It was still here 7 years later when we
moved back from Japan.

Old 05-04-2010, 04:30 PM
Registered User

Smile

cshenk;882296]"Bill who putters" wrote
"cshenk" wrote:

I know it's not like the rest of you guys here, but hey, we can't all be
masters!

(snippies)

Well I just noticed the rosemary made it over winter in a wall of
water. Side observation mint inclosed is thinking it is August. I
wrote that tidbit down.

Here, we got 20 year high snow levels. Suprising to see what did make it,
they say shouldnt have.

I'm so smart I just purchased some semblance of mint for about $3 when
my dormant garden has superior mint quality hidden. So much for being a
master gardener.

Grin, had a patch of mint here. It was still here 7 years later when we
moved back from Japan.

cshenk sounds like u got some good growing going on there .
need to feed your dog some garlic to help ward off fleas--ours was bad but
gets some garlic almost every day--had np with fleas last yr and didnt need
any of those drops to keep them off her.
still on the cold side to do much in gardening, but will come soon enough.
was happy to notice that black currant and red currant bushes i got last
yr are still alive in their containers --to late to plant when i got them so put them alongside house and so far looking good.
also chives are up so going to use some of them on a pork roast--yummm.
things are slowly coming along here in southwestern, ontario.