Old 17-05-2010, 01:35 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Great Roses in Maryland

My wife's many rose bushes are unusually prolific and healthy this
year. I've noticed a few other yards in our area with great roses as
well. We're in Maryland, just north of Baltimore. I wonder if all that
snow this past winter perked them up. Or scared them into blooming.

Paul
Old 17-05-2010, 04:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

On May 17, 8:35*am, Pavel314 wrote:
My wife's many rose bushes are unusually prolific and healthy this
year. I've noticed a few other yards in our area with great roses as
well. We're in Maryland, just north of Baltimore. I wonder if all that
snow this past winter perked them up. Or scared them into blooming.

Paul

Paul ours in DE on the state line west of Dover are doing fabulously
this year too. For the first time we cut them all down to about 5"
tall this winter. They have gotten lush and prolific. The oldest is
just blooming like crazy. What a joy. The smallest will get some
banana skins planted near its roots in 3 spots around it. Might do it
to all of them. They sure do like banana skins. Enjoy your beauties,
Nan

[IMG] code is On

Dormant Spray/Oil? was Maryland roses R & L Porter Roses 3 01-02-2005 06:39 PM
Curious about blooming tree in Maryland Richard Gardening 3 17-05-2003 12:44 AM
Calling Jane in Maryland! Shiva Roses 14 26-04-2003 06:08 PM
show in maryland janet_a Orchids 0 06-03-2003 04:51 AM
Maryland roses Scopata Fuori Roses 11 09-02-2003 05:27 PM