Old 10-01-2011, 06:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Rasp feed

Autumn Bliss UK. A poor crop last year. What fertiliser should I apply and
when for this year's crop ? I'm not into soil analysis.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:18 PM posted to rec.gardens

Alistair Macdonald wrote:
Autumn Bliss UK. A poor crop last year. What fertiliser should I
apply and when for this year's crop ? I'm not into soil analysis.

This is a test for telepathy disguised as a question about gardens no?

It is impossible to give a sensible relevant answer. There are many reasons
why your crop failed and lack of fertiliser is but one. Knowing nothing
about your climate, your soil, your crop or the circumstances last year any
response you get will be a wild guess. If you cannot come to grips with any
of this I suggest forgetting about soil and fertiliser and planting
astroturf and plastic flowers.

David

Old 10-01-2011, 10:26 PM posted to rec.gardens

In article ,
"David Hare-Scott" wrote:

Alistair Macdonald wrote:
Autumn Bliss UK. A poor crop last year. What fertiliser should I
apply and when for this year's crop ? I'm not into soil analysis.

This is a test for telepathy disguised as a question about gardens no?

It is impossible to give a sensible relevant answer. There are many reasons
why your crop failed and lack of fertiliser is but one. Knowing nothing
about your climate, your soil, your crop or the circumstances last year any
response you get will be a wild guess. If you cannot come to grips with any
of this I suggest forgetting about soil and fertiliser and planting
astroturf and plastic flowers.

David

No way, I won't have it,
clara309 with 'redecorating' my garden wins the "telepathy test
disguised as a question about gardens" hands down,

"hey guys, i am about to (nearer spring time) take on an overhaul of my
garden, it has become totally overgrown of late and i have seriously
neglected it. i am currently brainstorming for ideas, i have about 10m
squared of lawn and an extra 7m squared of patio... can anyone suggest
anything that they have done/seen recently to inspire me please??"

It's right in there with "how do I cook a steak the way that I like it?"
---

Trust you're staying high and dry.
--
- Billy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyE5wjc4XOw
Old 10-01-2011, 10:33 PM posted to rec.gardens

I don't test my soil either which is mostly heavy clay. In the fall I
dig leaves and any other organic matter I can find into the soil along
with some dehydrated cow manure. In the spring two weeks before I plant
my garden, I apply an all purpose granular slow release fertilizer. I
have very good vegetable crops each year so far by doing this.

Rich