Old 21-02-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered User

Default Where is my post?

Hello,

I posted a query about wrappings around the roots of pot plants and it has disappeared! Is it usual here for posts to be deleted?
Old 21-02-2011, 12:49 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilli99 View Post
Hello,

I posted a query about wrappings around the roots of pot plants and it has disappeared! Is it usual here for posts to be deleted?
Hi gilli, just seen your new post, your original post is still on my list, along with the answers from a couple of us so, I dont know why you cant see it but be assured its still here, maybe a pc 'wizzard' can answer why ???
Lannerman.
Old 21-02-2011, 04:15 PM posted to rec.gardens

Gilli99 wrote:
Hello,

I posted a query about wrappings around the roots of pot plants and it
has disappeared! Is it usual here for posts to be deleted?

Posts are kept on the servers of whoever provides your newsgroup
service. Each one of these servers is set to allow a certain amount of
space for each newsgroup they carry. When that space is filled, a new
post will cause the older post to be dropped. Because of the many
different servers providing newsgroups, the time a post will be dropped
varies. I.e., if your provider only provides 10 megs of space for this
newsgroup, your prior post may have been dropped, while it still might
exist on the server of a provider that provides 50 megs.

There are web based services (google for one, I think,)that maintain a
large number of usenet postings, so you might try looking there.

I use a provider that has a lot of storage, and your posting is shown,
with a number of responses. I'll try responding to it, which should
make it show up again.
Old 21-02-2011, 04:41 PM posted to rec.gardens

Notat Home writes:

Gilli99 wrote:
[...]

This is a gardenbanter.uk poster. Not using any flavor of Usenet.
Gardenbanter is just a leech.

Not surprised to see censoring.