Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-02-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered User

Unhappy Dicksonia tree fern - help pls

Hi,
I purchased a healthy Dicksonia Fibrosa in the autumn and after reading threads fortunately put in an outhouse and wrapped for the v cold winter. It is still in tub and I lifted it outside last week and unwrapped to find all 10 fronds are browning and have still not unfurled. I've also noticed some white powder on the leaves - is this some form of fungi?
I only sprayed the fern a couple of times during winter, should i have watered more? Do i remove the fronds and should I plant in suitable place to prosper (I've read they do indeed have roots)? I'm very concerned I've terminally damaged a great tree fern..

[IMG] code is On

Dicksonia Fern Amy Roberts Gardening 2 27-07-2012 01:32 AM
Propagating Dicksonia Antartica query ?? gary smith United Kingdom 4 17-08-2004 02:19 PM
Tree fern (Dicksonia antarctica) - overwintering? Bob Carlile Gardening 2 21-11-2003 08:24 AM
Dicksonia Antarctica Victoria Clare United Kingdom 3 30-09-2003 06:12 PM
dicksonia squarrosa Tony United Kingdom 6 27-09-2003 09:24 AM