Old 24-02-2003, 10:51 PM
Amanda McClelland

Default Primrose

I recently received a Primrose plant. It had beautiful flowers but they've
all went away. Now it's just a green plant. What can I do to get it to
bloom again? Is it ok to keep this as a house plant? Thanks for any
advice!

amanda

Old 25-02-2003, 08:04 PM
127.0.0.1

I believe they are grown better outside. Once spring arrives you can plant
it outside in partial shade, well drained soil. The plants are short lived
but reseed themselves (what did you do with the flowers after they died?) or
may produce offsets of main plant. I don't know if you will have any luck
getting the plant you now have to rebloom.
debbie

Old 27-02-2003, 03:51 AM
Vox Humana

"Amanda McClelland" wrote in message
I recently received a Primrose plant. It had beautiful flowers but

they've
all went away. Now it's just a green plant. What can I do to get it to
bloom again? Is it ok to keep this as a house plant? Thanks for any
advice!

They are spring blooming perennials. It probably won't bloom again for you
this year. Plant it outside in partial sun to partial shade and you will
probably get blooms again next spring. Of course, if it is snowy where you
are, wait until it gets warmer as the plant is used to being indoors and
will not like being planted outside in the snow. I doubt that you will be
able to keep it indoors indefinitely. I think they are sold as seasonal
plants in the florist trade meant to be discarded after they bloom.

Old 28-02-2003, 02:51 AM
CWilde

I've had good luck with them outside in partial shade. They need a
reasonable amount of water and fade out in the heat of summer, but beautiful
blooms every spring. They multiply fairly quickly and are pretty easy to
divide. I've never heard of them grown as a house plant permanently.

Carlotta
zone 4/5

Old 28-02-2003, 04:28 AM
jammer

On Thu, 27 Feb 2003 20:58:12 -0600, "CWilde"
wrote:

I've had good luck with them outside in partial shade. They need a
reasonable amount of water and fade out in the heat of summer, but beautiful
blooms every spring. They multiply fairly quickly and are pretty easy to
divide. I've never heard of them grown as a house plant permanently.

Carlotta
zone 4/5

Well hi, it's me again
My primrose grew all winter outside in my pond. I am hoping to see
those spring blooms...

·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:-
jammer

[IMG] code is On

Primrose dina United Kingdom 1 17-04-2009 12:50 PM
Q. Where can I get evening primrose flower heads dennis Gardening 2 02-04-2003 07:44 AM
where can I get evening primrose flowers Tsu Dho Nimh Gardening 9 25-03-2003 10:20 PM
evening primrose dennis Gardening 2 22-03-2003 07:56 AM
germinating primula/primrose Erin & Steve Gardening 1 17-02-2003 01:03 AM