Old 15-03-2012, 06:57 PM
Registered User

Question Succulents....

Hi I am a new not very expert passionate gardener! I would like to plant some succulent plants on a pot in my balcony, how deep should the pot be more or less? I wanted to buy a round flat one, would that be ok? Thanku
Old 16-03-2012, 09:52 PM
Registered User

Location: Lanner. Cornwall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurap74 View Post
Hi I am a new not very expert passionate gardener! I would like to plant some succulent plants on a pot in my balcony, how deep should the pot be more or less? I wanted to buy a round flat one, would that be ok? Thanku
Hi Laura, the shape and size of the pot is of little relavence but what is of great importance is drainage and compost. Make sure that the container has suitable drainage and that the compost you use is gritty and very free draining. I use a mixture (by volume) of 3 parts multipurpose to one of sharp gritty sand.
As a general rule, keep the compost only just moist in summer but come winter, let it dry out completely, only watering very little !
Lannerman.
Old 17-03-2012, 06:34 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Succulents....

--
lannerman

Good idea!

[IMG] code is On

Mini cacti & succulents *picture link* Brian Gardening 1 09-04-2004 02:02 PM
Succulents Katra Edible Gardening 0 21-03-2004 09:32 PM
Cacti, Succulents, and Lithops and Other Exotics Shell91 Gardening 4 19-11-2003 01:42 PM
[IBC] succulents as bonsai Peter Le Roux Bonsai 3 30-08-2003 06:12 PM
[IBC] succulents as bonsai Craig Cowing Bonsai 15 29-08-2003 07:42 PM