Old 28-06-2012, 03:00 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Killing Ivy, not bulbs

I have a variety of small invasive ivies. Some thorny.

Every year they take over my bulb corner. You can't pull them all out.
So, I'm spraying with triclopyr.

How careful of the bulbs (they've been in years) should I be? I
particularly want to get the ivy spiraling up the leaves of the glads,
irises and lilies.

Another plan?

What about poison ivy?

On another note. My neighbors tomato factory,which I tend, is going to
town. A large number of 4" or so heirlooms. Some small tomatoes already
picked.

Jeff
Old 09-07-2012, 10:04 PM posted to rec.gardens

On 6/28/2012 10:00 AM, j wrote:
I have a variety of small invasive ivies. Some thorny.

Every year they take over my bulb corner. You can't pull them all out.
So, I'm spraying with triclopyr.

This seems to have largely worked. Little damage to the bulbs, it's hard
to tell what damage to their leaves was caused by the triclopyr and what
by the weather!

A little spraying on the neighbors (well, it is now a vacant lot) did in
the poison ivy. It seems to be very sensitive.

The tomato factory has been kicking ass. A couple large tomatoes every
day. My memory has the harvest season about a month early.

Jeff

How careful of the bulbs (they've been in years) should I be? I
particularly want to get the ivy spiraling up the leaves of the glads,
irises and lilies.

Another plan?

What about poison ivy?

On another note. My neighbors tomato factory,which I tend, is going to
town. A large number of 4" or so heirlooms. Some small tomatoes already
picked.

Jeff

[IMG] code is On

Ivy, Ivy & more ivy Roger Tonkin[_2_] United Kingdom 6 08-07-2016 09:48 PM
To ivy or not to ivy, that's the question? TimLondon United Kingdom 15 07-05-2013 06:08 PM
IVY IVY IVY JCYates United Kingdom 15 28-08-2008 11:22 AM
Killing and removing Poison Ivy. Danny Gardening 6 14-05-2006 09:51 PM
Killing Ivy Pioden United Kingdom 4 09-06-2005 07:32 PM