Old 29-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Registered User

Default rockery

ive stripped our rockery any sugestions on what to plant?
Old 29-06-2012, 06:22 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default privet hedge

On Fri, 29 Jun 2012 11:19:09 +0000, china35
wrote:

hello ive got a privet hedge that slowly died, it was very old and
slowly section by section died, and ive now dug it all out.

I intend to plant red robbin, how would you treat the ground or would
you just plant?

I'd treat the ground the same as when planting any shrub, till deep
and mix in plenty of organic matter; peat moss, compost, etc. Do NOT
add fertilizer to new plantings, it will inhibit proper root
development... fertilize the second year, time release granules work
best.
Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 PM
Registered User

Location: Somerset

Quote:
Originally Posted by china35 View Post
ive stripped our rockery any sugestions on what to plant?
If you look in your local garden centre you should find a section with alpine or rockery plants, anything here should be fine as long as the drainage in your rockery is adequate.

I'd also suggest evergreen plants such as dwarf conifers and dwarf hebes to give some all year interest.

[IMG] code is On

Rockery Wrighty United Kingdom 1 23-09-2003 10:47 PM
Rockery Wrighty United Kingdom 0 23-09-2003 12:16 AM
Rockery raw materials Weazle United Kingdom 0 31-05-2003 10:44 AM
Rockery JawD United Kingdom 3 07-05-2003 09:32 PM
My new rockery....but what's either side? jo United Kingdom 4 19-03-2003 06:44 PM