Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-07-2012, 09:20 AM
Registered User

Default I'm the bloke with the ex-Leylandi

Howdy

I moved into a house which had a large Leylandi in the back corner of the yard. My neighbour voiced some concern that this was damaging her concrete block shed. The tree didn't bother me but I wanted to do the right thing so I've paid the £1200 to get it removed and the stump ground out.

Now her friend is telling her I need to get rid of the roots as well at extra expense. This doesn't strike me as necessary as from my understanding the Leylandi will NOT grow from the roots. Given time they will naturally decompose. The roots would have grown under the neighbours shed but the shed was built when the tree was there so I would assume any decent builder would make a barrier to protect the shed from the roots. Even if they didn't - I'm struggling to see this as my problem.

I want to act responsibly on this but I also feel that I have spent enough and done enough for an issue which wasn't of my making. So really my question is this: Is there any major reason that I would HAVE to gfet rid of the roots to this tree?

Cheers

[IMG] code is On

what plants will grow in leylandi soil? ambermeta United Kingdom 10 11-08-2004 09:59 AM
Leylandi Juco United Kingdom 9 28-06-2004 10:13 PM
Cutting Leylandi Charlie United Kingdom 31 20-04-2003 12:44 AM
in defense of leylandi hayley United Kingdom 7 16-04-2003 10:56 PM
Advice sought on employing tree surgeon to lop Leylandi Simon United Kingdom 1 18-03-2003 06:08 PM