Old 26-06-2013, 12:36 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

Default What are my options for fixing this chewed up drip irrigationsetup?

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:44:12 -0700, Oren wrote:

Put a short piece (12" of so) of old poly in the insert and use the
tape or "figure 8" until you get ready for new poly. Remove it for
the new poly. That will stop the flooding for now.

Hi Oren,

Ah, that's a good idea (I already have the raw materials for that!).

As for a more permanent fix, what do you think about me putting
one of these 3/4" slip-to-MHT (male hose thread?) fittings directly
onto the white-and-green part sticking out of the existing PVC elbow?

That seems to be a looser fit than a normal PVC pipe dry fit; but
with lots of "glue", I think it might work.

Is it possible to pry out that green endcap & just place the slip
fitting over the remaining white part? (Or do I need to cut off
the entire elbow and start again with the slip:slip coupling)?

Old 26-06-2013, 01:53 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:36:46 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:44:12 -0700, Oren wrote:

Put a short piece (12" of so) of old poly in the insert and use the
tape or "figure 8" until you get ready for new poly. Remove it for
the new poly. That will stop the flooding for now.

Hi Oren,

Ah, that's a good idea (I already have the raw materials for that!).

As for a more permanent fix, what do you think about me putting
one of these 3/4" slip-to-MHT (male hose thread?) fittings directly
onto the white-and-green part sticking out of the existing PVC elbow?

That seems to be a looser fit than a normal PVC pipe dry fit; but
with lots of "glue", I think it might work.

Is it possible to pry out that green endcap & just place the slip
fitting over the remaining white part? (Or do I need to cut off
the entire elbow and start again with the slip:slip coupling)?

See my post on a drip line manifold (2).
Old 29-06-2013, 05:26 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 23:36:46 +0000, Danny D. wrote:

As for a more permanent fix, what do you think about me putting
one of these 3/4" slip-to-MHT (male hose thread?) fittings directly
onto the white-and-green part sticking out of the existing PVC elbow?

UPDATE:

I took one of the simplest routes possible; just to see if it
would work.
http://www2.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13435780.jpg

I glued a slip-to-MHT (male hose thread) directly onto the tubing
friction fitting, using lots of the PVC solvent (since it was a
loose fit, probably because God never intended me to glue a fitting
on the outside of the tubing friction fitting):
http://www1.picturepush.com/photo/a/...0/13435779.jpg

Mostly I did it this way because, if the tubing press fitting isn't
actually made of PVC, and if it therefore fails, I'll just cut it all
off and, by doing so, only lose one fitting in the test.

Interestingly, using normal PVC primer & glue, it *seems* to be
holding up.

Note: Substitute "img" for "640" for larger photos.

Old 29-06-2013, 04:57 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 04:26:27 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

Note: Substitute "img" for "640" for larger photos.

I'm not presented with that option. I just get the photo. I can use
the browser to zoom to 400% though.
Old 29-06-2013, 09:16 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 08:57:06 -0700, Oren wrote:

Note: Substitute "img" for "640" for larger photos.

I'm not presented with that option. I just get the photo. I can use
the browser to zoom to 400% though.

Lucky you. What nntp client are you using?
Mine (Pan) just shows the URL. Nothing else.
So I have to click on each and every photo to see them.

Maybe I should switch nntp clients to what you're using.

Old 30-06-2013, 12:11 AM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 20:16:04 +0000 (UTC), "Danny D."
wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 08:57:06 -0700, Oren wrote:

Note: Substitute "img" for "640" for larger photos.

I'm not presented with that option. I just get the photo. I can use
the browser to zoom to 400% though.

Lucky you. What nntp client are you using?
Mine (Pan) just shows the URL. Nothing else.
So I have to click on each and every photo to see them.

Maybe I should switch nntp clients to what you're using.

WIN 7 HP, IE-10.x

...or my keyboard or mouse that has a zoom.

Nothin' having to do with the NNTP client - open the link!
Old 30-06-2013, 07:05 PM posted to rec.gardens,alt.home.repair,ba.gardens

wrote:

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 08:57:06 -0700, Oren wrote:

Note: Substitute "img" for "640" for larger photos.

I'm not presented with that option. I just get the photo. I can use
the browser to zoom to 400% though.

Lucky you. What nntp client are you using?
Mine (Pan) just shows the URL. Nothing else.
So I have to click on each and every photo to see them.

Maybe I should switch nntp clients to what you're using.

WIN 7 HP, IE-10.x

amended to answer

My client is Forte Agent... launch the browser from the link in the
thread.

..or my keyboard or mouse that has a zoom.

Nothin' having to do with the NNTP client - open the link!

Yes. I wasn't clear in my reply.

[IMG] code is On

Source for Raindrip Drip-A-long drip hose? [email protected] Gardening 0 29-04-2007 05:59 PM
Hostas - Getting chewed up. Freddie Lawns 11 11-06-2006 03:11 PM
Hops being chewed up Kayla Gardening 0 12-08-2004 02:15 AM
Cut Back Earwig-Chewed Butterfly Bush Again? Fleemo Gardening 0 27-04-2004 09:02 AM
Chewed Viburnum Jan United Kingdom 31 17-02-2004 11:26 PM