Old 30-06-2013, 05:32 AM posted to rec.gardens

Default Dymondia - slow spreading?

I'm researching very flat ground cover for a path to a rarely-used gate.

Dymondia looked like a winner until I got to the part where it's supposed to spread slowly.

The path is approx 3' x 6' +-

I wasn't going to use $tepping $tone$ as well, but if the ground cover is REALLY slow-spreading, may have to.

QUESTION #1: In your experience/opinion, Dymonida slow spreading, T/F.

QUESTION #2. If slow, how many flats would I need so it wouldn't take forever to fill in.

QUESTION #3. Am I putting cart before horse in concentrating on Dymondia. Other
suggestions? FLAT & hardy.

TIA

HB
Old 30-06-2013, 01:13 PM posted to rec.gardens

On Sat, 29 Jun 2013 21:32:04 -0700 (PDT), Higgs Boson
wrote:

I'm researching very flat ground cover for a path to a rarely-used gate.

Dymondia looked like a winner until I got to the part where it's supposed to spread slowly.

The path is approx 3' x 6' +-

I wasn't going to use $tepping $tone$ as well, but if the ground cover is REALLY slow-spreading, may have to.

QUESTION #1: In your experience/opinion, Dymonida slow spreading, T/F.

QUESTION #2. If slow, how many flats would I need so it wouldn't take forever to fill in.

QUESTION #3. Am I putting cart before horse in concentrating on Dymondia. Other
suggestions? FLAT & hardy.

Won't tolerate heavy traffic but otherwise an excellent choice.
http://www.houzz.com/dymondia
Old 30-06-2013, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens

wrote:

I'm researching very flat ground cover for a path to a rarely-used gate.

Dymondia looked like a winner until I got to the part where it's supposed to spread slowly.

The path is approx 3' x 6' +-

I wasn't going to use $tepping $tone$ as well, but if the ground cover is REALLY slow-spreading, may have to.

QUESTION #1: In your experience/opinion, Dymonida slow spreading, T/F.

QUESTION #2. If slow, how many flats would I need so it wouldn't take forever to fill in.

QUESTION #3. Am I putting cart before horse in concentrating on Dymondia. Other

suggestions? FLAT & hardy.

Won't tolerate heavy traffic but otherwise an excellent choice.

http://www.houzz.com/dymondia

Tx. Virtually NO traffic.

My remaining concern, per earlier message, is how slowly it is said to spread.
T/F?

Also, how many flats would I need to buy to fill in? Area, per earlier message,
***The path is approx 3' x 6' +- ***

Any experience out there?

TIA

HB