Old 02-03-2003, 04:15 AM
Susan

Default Gardenia

My gardenia has what I think is called sooty mold on it and I have
sprayed it with a solution of 6oz.dishwashing soap to 1 gallon of
water and let it set for 4 min. then sprayed with a high pressure hose
to rinse, it helped some but it still has alot of mold on it, any
suggestions?
Old 02-03-2003, 05:39 AM
Marley1372

If you think you have sooty mold, then you most likely have and insect problem.
Aphids and other sucking insects can produce alot of honeydew(poop!) that
collects on the leaves. In time, sooty mold will colonize on the poo. Taking
care of the insects takes care of the mold. Another thing I should mention is
that the honeydew may be dripping down from a larger plant, so inspect all the
plants in the general area.

Toad

[IMG] code is On

History And Care Of Gardenia Plants And Gardenia Flowers BobWalsh Gardening 12 19-02-2012 04:30 AM
gardenia trouble David Shalita Gardening 1 20-04-2003 06:08 PM
Gardenia leaves turning yellow [email protected] Gardening 4 12-04-2003 12:56 PM
Gardenia Honky Nut Australia 5 05-04-2003 06:34 AM
gardenia help req ÑòDd¥ Australia 2 05-04-2003 06:32 AM