Old 02-03-2003, 02:51 PM
Frank Solis

Default Rejuvenate Lily?

Planted a Scheherazade Lily bulb last spring. It came up about five
inches above ground when some varmit ate it down to the ground surface.
I left it in place. Does it have enough energy left to come up this
year? What steps should I take to revive it?

--Frank

Old 02-03-2003, 03:15 PM
Pam

Frank Solis wrote:

Planted a Scheherazade Lily bulb last spring. It came up about five
inches above ground when some varmit ate it down to the ground surface.
I left it in place. Does it have enough energy left to come up this
year? What steps should I take to revive it?

--Frank

What a pity! That is a beautiful lily and one of my favorites. I have had
the same situation with a couple of other lilies when my poor blind Cocker
Spaniel accidentally tromped on them and when I have accidentally broken
off the new growth when moving them too late in the season :-( Give it a
good dose of bulb fertilizer as you see the new growth emerge and provide
some protection - a wire cage over it until it gets big enough to be safe.
IME, if the growth is not allowed to develop from the bulb completely, the
bulb still stores the energy and 'ingredients' necessary to form flowers.
If protected, it should bloom OK this year.

pam - gardengal

Old 03-03-2003, 03:29 AM
Maryanne

I had the same with an Amazon Lily - got eaten to the ground - I left it &
the following year I moved it to a pot where the snails couldn't find it -
grew up five times as large - they don't eat the bulbs - just the leaves &
the bulb goes on feeding & making roots