Old 28-05-2003, 11:56 AM
paul yoon

Default flower IDs for a hopeless photographer

can anyone help me identify these flowers? i feel sort of dumb having
pictures of them on my site with titles like "purpleflower_03.jpg".

http://www.tfisf.com/photo/purpleflo...ies_200 3.jpg
http://www.tfisf.com/photo/purpleflo...ies_200 3.jpg
http://www.tfisf.com/photo/purpleflo...ies_200 3.jpg

thanks
paul
Old 28-05-2003, 02:08 PM
animaux

On 28 May 2003 03:50:47 -0700, (paul yoon) wrote:

can anyone help me identify these flowers? i feel sort of dumb having
pictures of them on my site with titles like "purpleflower_03.jpg".

http://www.tfisf.com/photo/purpleflo...ies_200 3.jpg
http://www.tfisf.com/photo/purpleflo...ies_200 3.jpg
http://www.tfisf.com/photo/purpleflo...ies_200 3.jpg

thanks
paul

It looks like it could be horse nettle, but I don't ever recall seeing it with
double flowers. Is the stamen yellow? The straight on photos are not clear.

Victoria
Old 29-05-2003, 05:20 AM
David Hill

No1 Borrage
Nos2 & 3 Hebe

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

Old 29-05-2003, 10:44 PM
paul yoon

animaux wrote in message . ..
On 28 May 2003 03:50:47 -0700, (paul yoon) wrote:

can anyone help me identify these flowers? i feel sort of dumb having
pictures of them on my site with titles like "purpleflower_03.jpg".

http://www.tfisf.com/photo/purpleflo...ies_200 3.jpg
http://www.tfisf.com/photo/purpleflo...ies_200 3.jpg
http://www.tfisf.com/photo/purpleflo...ies_200 3.jpg

thanks
paul

It looks like it could be horse nettle, but I don't ever recall seeing it with
double flowers. Is the stamen yellow?

um. I'm not sure. I took these a while ago and I don't remember. maybe
I have some other pictures of the same flower-- I'll have to go look.

The straight on photos are not clear.

Victoria

thanks for your help though.
cheers