Old 07-06-2003, 06:56 PM
JHLarson307

Default Transplaning Burning Bushes

I have two 5 ft high Burning Bushes next to my house that I'd like to
transplant as soon as possible.
We live in Illinois.
Can I move them now? Or do I have to wait until a particular time of year?
Thanks for your help.
Old 07-06-2003, 10:44 PM
David J Bockman

They are fairly easy to transplant as even very large specimens have fairly
shallow root systems, much likes azaleas. it would be best to wait till
fall.

Dave

Old 08-06-2003, 12:44 AM
Penny Morgan

You can move them now, but you will have to water them very deeply about
twice a week to get the root systems to go deep. The best time to move
plants is in the fall because the plants are past the real hot season (they
stress in the heat) and the root systems get a chance to dig deeper into the
soil and get established before the heat comes back in again. Hope I'm not
totally confusing you with too much info.

Good luck.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina
"JHLarson307" wrote in message
I have two 5 ft high Burning Bushes next to my house that I'd like to
transplant as soon as possible.
We live in Illinois.
Can I move them now? Or do I have to wait until a particular time of

year?
Thanks for your help.

[IMG] code is On

Pruning burning bushes? DirtBag Gardening 0 30-09-2012 01:54 AM
Opinions Please: Forsythias & Burning Bushes Nate Everden Gardening 12 02-05-2003 05:56 AM
I'm burning tonight! Little Badger United Kingdom 6 25-03-2003 09:44 AM
Burning Bush anyone? WSZsr Texas 0 19-03-2003 11:56 PM
Kyoto Treaty & Soot From Burning Wood Robert Cohen alt.forestry 2 11-11-2002 04:14 PM