Old 25-06-2003, 03:44 PM
Starlord

Default Datura seeds

I lost the post, but someone said they grew a lot of Datura's, all I have is the
type that grows wild here in the mojave desert, I'd like to grow other datura
from anyplace else too. If you have seeds I'd pay postage for them.

--
In This Universe The Night was Falling,The Shadows were lenghtening
But elsewhere the Stars were still young and the light of morning lingered: and

Arthur C. Clarke "The City & The Stars"

SIAR
www.starlords.org

Bishop's Car Fund
http://www.bishopcarfund.Netfirms.com/

---

Old 25-06-2003, 06:32 PM
animaux

I'd have to go look to see what I have left, but it was probably me who posted
that. I know for sure I have Datura inoxia and Datura wrightii. Both are
white, but wrightii is at least twice the size flower than the inoxia. I also
have D. stramonium which is not nearly as ornamental as the others. I may have
some double yellow and purple, both of those are Datura metel.

Email me your address and I'll send some of what I have.

0 remove the zero at the end or it will bounce.

Victoria

Old 25-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Victoria,
I have Datura meteloides "Ballerina Purple","Ballerina White","Double
Yellow" and I believe Datura wrightii (I have had this for several years,
the meteloides' are new). Will the seeds cross with one another?

--
Wendy* in N. California,

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite
you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man." -- Mark
Twain

Old 25-06-2003, 07:56 PM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Ps, I also have 3 Brugs, I assume these will not cross?

--
Wendy* in N. California,

"It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by
bolts of lightning." -- Calvin and Hobbes

Old 25-06-2003, 11:44 PM
animaux

I've not had that experience and I grow all of the ones you mentioned at least
at one time or another. Datura don't cross pollinate and do come true from
seed. I have no explanation why, but they do come true. At least all the seeds
I've grown have.

Old 25-06-2003, 11:56 PM
animaux

This is my first year with a seed pod on a brugmansia. It is the species. I
will germinate and grow them and let you know.

Old 26-06-2003, 01:20 AM
Wendy Kelly Budd

Thank you.
--
Wendy* in N. California,

"Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we
fail." - Confucius

wrote:

Victoria,
I have Datura meteloides "Ballerina Purple","Ballerina White","Double
Yellow" and I believe Datura wrightii (I have had this for several years,
the meteloides' are new). Will the seeds cross with one another?

[IMG] code is On

Datura seeds Judith in France United Kingdom 22 22-10-2008 03:28 PM
Datura - datura.jpg Ann Garden Photos 4 09-08-2007 11:36 PM
Are Datura Harmful to Hens? Any Other Plants to Avoid? Andy United Kingdom 4 31-03-2003 08:32 AM
Where can I find "datura" which was mentioned above? will Texas 0 07-02-2003 05:16 AM
What to do with my Datura? Andy United Kingdom 1 06-02-2003 02:52 PM