Old 03-07-2003, 03:44 PM
Philip Casciola

Default Travertine Pavers in a sand bed?

Does anyone have any experience with travertine pavers laid in a 1"
sand bed over compacted gravel in a mid-atlantic type climate? The
reasons I want to do this type of install are because I already graded
and compacted 1,500 sq ft of gravel where I was going to put concrete
pavers, and because I am concerned about the freezing/thawing that
occurs during the winters here in New Jersey. The concrete pavers are
just getting too hot in the sun, and I found a couple of places
selling 1-1/4" travertine pavers that I thought would stay much coolor
in direct sunlight.