Old 04-07-2003, 06:56 PM
Lynda

Default intro & identity of flower question

hi

I've been lurking here for a while and would like to take this
opportunity to thank all the regs for there valuable advice concerning
the myriad gardening questions i've had; and to introduce myself.
I've planted my (own) first garden in mounds on black geotextile. i
have flowers (annuals and perrenials), berries, vegetables, and
herbs. I'm located on montreal's south shore (not sure what zone?
3ish, i think?)

I've been using this resource:
http://www.acm.org/tog/editors/erich...s/flowers.html

to identify the different varieties of flowers/plants were growing
wild on the property, dig them up and either let them die or plant
them in the mounds..

I've found an interesting little flower (in the part of the lawn that
usually gets mowed, but didn't) that i cannot identify with the above
resource or any other reference...

plant stands about a half to a foot high
flowers at the top (from stem) and from most upper leaf joints on 1"
stems
light pink petals are soft and feathery (like hibiscus)
the middle of the flower is deep yellow/orange
leafs are broad (2" long & 1" at widest) with pointed tips, and they
alternate on the stem.
stem/leaves have tiny little hairs

what is this?

i'm tempted to move it into the garden, but not sure how invasive it
can be.

thanks in advance for help,

Lynda
Old 07-07-2003, 02:56 PM
Lynda

hm

Lynda wrote:

[...]

[IMG] code is On

[IBC] Intro & Stuff Kitsune Miko Bonsai 4 14-07-2003 04:17 PM
[IBC] Soils, was/Intro & Stuff* Kitsune Miko Bonsai 0 12-07-2003 10:44 PM
intro & Q Teri Gardening 2 20-06-2003 02:08 PM
Intro & miniature rose Judy Rigby United Kingdom 1 18-04-2003 06:32 PM