Old 21-05-2003, 11:44 AM
hodge

Default Something eating my Acer pseudoplatanus 'Brilliantissimum'

Hi

Two years ago I asked for suggestions for a suitable tree for a smallish
garden and Acer pseudoplatanus 'Brilliantissimum' was the result.
I bought one and It's lovely to start off with but every year after a few
weeks the new leaves start to appear scorched and then shrivel and die. I
can't see what's causing it and wondered if there is something that these
trees are prone to or if anybody else has experienced this problem.
Any help advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hodge

Old 21-05-2003, 11:57 AM
Chris Norton

On Wed, 21 May 2003 11:33:46 +0100, "hodge" wrote:

Hi

Two years ago I asked for suggestions for a suitable tree for a smallish
garden and Acer pseudoplatanus 'Brilliantissimum' was the result.
I bought one and It's lovely to start off with but every year after a few
weeks the new leaves start to appear scorched and then shrivel and die. I
can't see what's causing it and wondered if there is something that these
trees are prone to or if anybody else has experienced this problem.
Any help advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hodge

Does it grow back ok with no ill effects at all? If it does then it`s
a bit of scorch as they get used to the weather. I have a couple of
trees prone to this and I worried alot in the first couple of years.
Now I accept it as part of those trees personality.

I do find that if we have a real stark change of weather it is more
prevelent than when it`s a nice gentle changeover. Could be that the
early leaves are a little bit tender for starters.

I would`nt worry because the acer pseudoplatanus are tough as old
boots and still keep coming back for more punishment than Oliver Twist
at a Buffet!!!

Acer pseudoplatanus Marco C Gardening 2 05-12-2006 10:42 PM
Acer Pseudoplatanus from seed Marco C United Kingdom 2 05-12-2006 03:33 PM
Something's eating our Rattes! hugo agogo United Kingdom 4 07-08-2003 12:32 AM
something eating at canna leaves rosemarie face Gardening 2 10-07-2003 07:44 PM
Something's eating my lemons! Bernard Golden Gardening 1 07-07-2003 04:44 AM