Old 09-07-2003, 03:32 PM
madgardener

Default The REAL tiger lily

Anyone know a good source for the REAL Tiger lily? the tall, orange with
black spots, petals flung back in laughter as it appears to be falling
blossoms? Or the pink one with red spots? Specifically the pink with
reddish spots, or someone that has both? I have one clump of the orange
that hopefully it will increase as it makes and drops those little bulbils.
Those take three years to mature into bloomers though and I would love a
good source for some mature bulbs now. I might not have much space for
anything more, but I always have space for
lilies.........................G
madgardener up on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain in Eastern Tennessee where it's hot, steamy and the fleeting
promise of rain tortures me as it's going to be a cool day of lower
90's..................

Old 09-07-2003, 06:32 PM

Hi Madgardener,
Have you tried the Lily garden? I don't think that they have the orange one,
but it looks like they have the pink/peach one, plus lot's of other good ones.
I've bought from them in the past and the plants are good sized.
http://www.angelfire.com/wa3/lilygarden/
cheers,
Jim

Old 10-07-2003, 04:56 PM
Suja

madgardener wrote:

Anyone know a good source for the REAL Tiger lily? the tall, orange with
black spots, petals flung back in laughter as it appears to be falling
blossoms? Or the pink one with red spots? Specifically the pink with
reddish spots, or someone that has both?

Have you tried John Scheepers/Van Engelen (www.johnscheepers.com or
www.vanengelen.com)? They have 5 different Tigrinum Lilies listed,
among them is an orange one (Fire King) and a pink one (Pink Tiger). I
have ordered from them for 2 years, and the quality of their bulbs is
just superb. You can also check out www.gardenwatchdog.com or
www.plantsbymail.net for other reviews.

Suja

[IMG] code is On

Potted Tiger Lily - help! birdieb Gardening 3 12-12-2005 08:59 AM
Potted Tiger Lily help birdieb United Kingdom 6 10-12-2005 01:44 PM
tiger lily question Hal Gardening 0 15-08-2005 01:36 PM
Tiger Lily spider Gardening 9 09-07-2003 02:56 AM
Problem - Nymphaea Maculata (red african tiger lotus lily) lynsey Freshwater Aquaria Plants 8 20-04-2003 06:20 AM