Old 09-07-2003, 10:08 PM
spider

Default MailOrder Plants

I never have seen plants, as sad as the plants I just received from "DIRECT
GARDENING"! Just a bunch of sticks
with about 4 dried up roots at the end. Calling them sticks is an over
statement.The Tree Peony is a sad sack
of roots with mush on top, and you do not want to know how bad it smelled.
NEVER AGAIN!

Old 11-07-2003, 11:31 PM
DigitalVinyl

"spider" wrote:

I never have seen plants, as sad as the plants I just received from "DIRECT
GARDENING"! Just a bunch of sticks
with about 4 dried up roots at the end. Calling them sticks is an over
statement.The Tree Peony is a sad sack
of roots with mush on top, and you do not want to know how bad it smelled.
NEVER AGAIN!

Call and complain..give them the chance to replace what is wrong.

I ordered a clematis from Henry Fields and what I got was a 4" dead
twig with brown leaves. I called them and they shipped out another
immediately. That one was completely healthy. Even the first clematis
sent up another stem weeks later.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener
Old 13-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Carla

I've had good luck with buying through catalogs and internet. I
especially
love to buy plants at Yahoo's auctions or ebay. But I had great luck
with
Henry Field's. It was my lop-ear bunnies that destroyed my plants
after
they had put out tons of leaves.

Here in Fresno, the sun itself can be a
pain in the butt when trying to grow plants like that. Most of my
flowers
had brown leaves just from the sun and that was before it got over
100F
here. It did it in low 90s. But the plant company said they'd still
replace my plants because they guaranteed them to live.

I also buy from Burpee now that they are affiliated with Organic
Gardening and also from Michigan Bulb company.

Carla

Old 13-07-2003, 01:32 AM
Carla

"spider" wrote in message .. .
I never have seen plants, as sad as the plants I just received from "DIRECT
GARDENING"! Just a bunch of sticks
with about 4 dried up roots at the end. Calling them sticks is an over
statement.The Tree Peony is a sad sack
of roots with mush on top, and you do not want to know how bad it smelled.
NEVER AGAIN!

[IMG] code is On

Gilbert H. Wild and Sons mailorder ?? Dawn Gardening 5 10-08-2004 11:28 PM
Milky Spore by Mailorder Dave Lawns 11 02-07-2004 12:06 AM
greetings and mailorder question Emery Davis United Kingdom 0 21-02-2004 09:21 PM
Ancistrus mailorder source Chris Spierings Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 20-04-2003 06:26 AM
Ancistrus mailorder source Chris Spierings Freshwater Aquaria Plants 4 04-04-2003 02:56 AM