Old 14-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Adam Schwartz

Default Storing sun-dried tomatoes

I recently purchased a package of sun-dried tomatoes. In the supermarket,
they were stored in an air-tight package at room temperature. After opening
them, I refridgerated them in a zip-lock bag. Within a week, the tomatoes
smelled strongly of fermentation. Shouldn't dried tomatoes last longer than
a week? What's the best way to store them?

Thanks,
Adam

Old 14-07-2003, 06:32 PM
Adam Schwartz

Ignore this message, I accidentally posted it to the wrong group. Sorry!

Old 14-07-2003, 10:32 PM
Sunny

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 16:53:40 GMT, "Adam Schwartz"
wrote:

Ignore this message, I accidentally posted it to the wrong group. Sorry!

I don't think it's the wrong group at all. )

Old 15-07-2003, 01:32 PM
SJB

You may have had some trapped moisture in the package when you put them into
the fridge. That's why they probably fermented. Like the previous poster
stated...put them in olive oil and they will keep a long time.

Scott

"Adam Schwartz" wrote in message
I recently purchased a package of sun-dried tomatoes. In the supermarket,
they were stored in an air-tight package at room temperature. After

opening
them, I refridgerated them in a zip-lock bag. Within a week, the tomatoes
smelled strongly of fermentation. Shouldn't dried tomatoes last longer

than
a week? What's the best way to store them?

Thanks,
Adam

[IMG] code is On

Dried Tomatoes Pete Australia 1 09-12-2005 09:56 AM
Storing Jeruselam (Sun) Artichokes My side Edible Gardening 2 13-03-2005 09:59 PM
Making sun-dried tomatoes David Hare-Scott Edible Gardening 5 22-07-2003 12:12 PM
Making sun-dried tomatoes harold steig Edible Gardening 1 17-07-2003 12:39 AM
Re(2): Making sun-dried tomatoes Glenna Rose Edible Gardening 0 16-07-2003 07:27 AM