Old 15-07-2003, 05:23 AM
Penny Goulden

Default Tell Me About Stock

I planted stock in my garden this year, it is said to attract butterflys and
hummingbirds. At first it was beautiful tall blooms that smelt fabulous.
Now its not doing so well,. Should I pop the dead stalk off and will it come
back again and bloom?

Old 15-07-2003, 01:52 PM
animaux

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 23:25:40 -0400, "Penny Goulden"
wrote:

I planted stock in my garden this year, it is said to attract butterflys and
hummingbirds. At first it was beautiful tall blooms that smelt fabulous.
Now its not doing so well,. Should I pop the dead stalk off and will it come
back again and bloom?

Stock is a cool weather annual. See if there are seeds on the plant and release
them where you want them to come up next spring...even late winter. They like
the same conditions as snapdragons, viola and pansy.

Victoria
Old 16-07-2003, 06:12 PM
Thalocean2

What does Stock look like? A search didn't produce much for me.

Laura B.