Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-07-2003, 07:22 PM
LeeAnne

Default Permanent Arbor

I live in New England, specifically zone 5, 20 miles north of Boston. I
currently have a cedar arbor up that has annuals (morning glories, sweet
peas, etc.) growing over it - but it also has a trumpet creeper that, as of
this year, is really starting to go nuts.

Typically I have the arbor staked down (I lost it to high wind once) but I
still have to take it down for the winter and this will probably be the last
year I can actually undo the trumpet creeper.

What I'm looking for are suggestions for permanent structure - should I look
for steel or iron or another type of wood. I love the cedar one I have, but
tried to keep it up last winter - despite having it staked it still blew
over and ripped most of the trumpet vine off w/it - I thought it was doomed,
but luckily it's coming back wonderfully.

Any suggestions? What do you guys have for permanent structures?

Thanks
LeeAnne

--
------
If you're an insomniac, agnostic, dyslexic do you lay