Old 12-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Some One

Default FYI - Sevin Pesticide caused aphid infestation

Try that with an Ivy plant that 12 or more feet long, in a 4 foot
long
planter, mounted to a stair well.

Well Steve, the pictures prove what I suspected....that stairwell is
all of what? 4 feet.

Sorry... I'm not a midget. That stairwell goes all the way up to the
second floor. There aren't too many second floors that are only four
feet from the first floor.

That ivy planter is four feet above the second floor. The tendrils
reach the bottom of the staircase on the first floor now.

What a bullshit artist!

Sounds like the voice of an expert here. Glad you have nothing better
to do than poke around my website.

http://www.csd.ca/pictures/images/Livingroom%201.jpg

So you think those single leaders are large and difficult to treat?

With a garden hose? Yes, considering this is in my living room.

BTW, That Pothos has been repotted twice since the pictures were
taken. Check the date on those pictures... Feb 2002. The plants have
grown just a wee bit in the last 18 months or so.

I know it's hard for you to count past five... you need one hand free
to count the fingers on the other.

http://www.csd.ca/pictures/images/Livingroom%203.jpg

Stick with computers....

I never claimed I was a gardener... I just like plants and grow what I
can. BTW, what's wrong with Hybiscus in Calgary?

Old 12-08-2003, 03:03 PM
Some One

Try that with an Ivy plant that 12 or more feet long, in a 4 foot
long
planter, mounted to a stair well. Doesn't work so well. Same goes

for
my 20 foot philodendron (sp?)... it runs from my second story down
into my basement stairwell.

Most of my other plants would be knocked out of their pots from the
pressure of the hose.

What a gardener, Hybiscus in Calgary. And that piece of shit

Pothos
is likely infested because of the abnormal form you're growing it

in.
It's ashame you can't go to the shelf and find some gardening

smarts.

And again you prove how worthless you are.

Infested with what?

What's wrong with Hybiscus in Calgary?

You're quite happy to point out folks mistakes, then don't actually
try to help any of them. So far you haven't provided one shred of
USEFUL information in your posts.

Old 12-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:50:13 GMT, "Some One"
wrote:

Glad you have nothing better
to do than poke around my website.

The joys of the worldwide web.....

With a garden hose? Yes, considering this is in my living room.

You've simply made up your mind to dig in and latch on to any and all
excuses to continue to not learn to garden.

BTW, That Pothos has been repotted twice since the pictures were
taken. Check the date on those pictures... Feb 2002. The plants have
grown just a wee bit in the last 18 months or so.

I'll bet they've grown in that typical tortured form with a leaf, what
every 12-18 inches?

I never claimed I was a gardener... I just like plants and grow what I
can. BTW, what's wrong with Hybiscus in Calgary?

Nothing, it's a perfect choice!

Old 12-08-2003, 05:02 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Tue, 12 Aug 2003 13:52:16 GMT, "Some One"
wrote:

Infested with what?

Idiot, you posted "I've only lost one plant to aphids and it was a
Hybiscus." I would call a plant "lost" to aphids infested.

What's wrong with Hybiscus in Calgary?

Nothing, just leave them on your Hawaiian shirt.....or learn to
culture interior plants.

You're quite happy to point out folks mistakes,

Or in your case bullshit and inadequacies....

then don't actually
try to help any of them.

"Them" are not lazy louts like you with opinions based on
misinformation.

So far you haven't provided one shred of
USEFUL information in your posts.

And you sir are to lazy to punch in a search, and you have a
broadband connection......sheesh.

Old 12-08-2003, 05:12 PM
Some One

news

Not when you called it a Pothos... What you said was:

And that piece of shit Pothos
is likely infested because of the abnormal
form you're growing it in

What's wrong with Hybiscus in Calgary?

Nothing, just leave them on your Hawaiian shirt.....or learn to
culture interior plants.

You're quite happy to point out folks mistakes,

Or in your case bullshit and inadequacies....

Inadequacies? Sure, call them that. I'm *NOT* a gardener. I still
plants in dirt and then water them when they seem dry.

then don't actually
try to help any of them.

"Them" are not lazy louts like you with opinions based on
misinformation.

So far you haven't provided one shred of
USEFUL information in your posts.

And you sir are to lazy to punch in a search, and you have a
broadband connection......sheesh.

*shrug* The bottles on the store shelf do what they say they will.
I'll just keep using them.

Old 12-08-2003, 08:12 PM
Pelvis Popcan

No this group is NOt anti pesticide. There are plenty of unconcerned
users and abusers of pesticides posting regularly. If you'd read the
damn labels you'd not need other clueless abusers to educate
you...sheesh!

But I *do* read the labels. Very carefully. I apply exactly the rate
that the label recommends, and apply at the frequency the label
recommends as well. As I said in my original post, I wait the maximum
amount of time in between applications - 14 days. I mainly use it to
control Japanese Beetles.
Old 13-08-2003, 09:42 AM
Jan Flora

In article , "Some One"
wrote:

"Tom Jaszewski" wrote in message
On Sun, 10 Aug 2003 18:54:16 GMT, Lar

wrote:

have no desire to put in the time
to create an organic paradise.

too lazy to assume a practice that is NO MORE DIFFICULT OR
DEMANDING. You prefer to remain nearsighted. Some of us have the

data
from converting major gardens and saving thousands of dollars and
hours!

Nice rant... I still don't see any alternative posted. At least any
that a "non-organic" gardener would recognize.

I remember someone posted something about an oil, but I don't remember
what it's called and I don't recall seeing anything like it on a store
shelf. "Hit it with a hose" is not helpful at all - especially if
plants are indoors.

You don't have a shower?
Old 15-08-2003, 04:42 PM
Chris Owens

Pelvis Popcan wrote:

But I *do* read the labels. Very carefully. I apply exactly the rate
that the label recommends, and apply at the frequency the label
recommends as well. As I said in my original post, I wait the maximum
amount of time in between applications - 14 days. I mainly use it to
control Japanese Beetles.

The problem is, hon, that the pesticide is killing off all the
beneficial insects, too. Plus any birds that dine on the treated
insects. Plus increasing your cancer risk significantly. For
japanese beetles, let me recommend treating your soil with milky
spore. Once it's established, it can last 20 years or more . . .
we treated everything around here seven years ago, and the beetle
grub population has disappeared. For beetles on the plants, you
can really cut into the munching by taking a five gallon bucket,
adding a gallon of water, a cup of bleach, and a couple
tablespoons of a bleach-compatible soap or detergent. Run your
hands along the plants, and sweep the beetles into the bucket,
where they will drown. I could clear all thirty trees in the
orchard using this technique in less than an hour; less time than
it would have taken me to spray, actually. I'd then let the
bucket sit out for a couple of days so that the bleach could
decompose, and pour the whole shebang onto the compost pile.
Beetles controlled with minimal environmental impact, and minimal
personal risk.

Chris Owens

Old 15-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Chaim Aryeh Scharfmann

Chris Owens wrote:
Pelvis Popcan wrote:

The problem is, hon, that the pesticide is killing off all the
beneficial insects, too. Plus any birds that dine on the treated
insects. Plus increasing your cancer risk significantly. For
japanese beetles, let me recommend treating your soil with milky
spore. Once it's established, it can last 20 years or more . . .
we treated everything around here seven years ago, and the beetle
grub population has disappeared. For beetles on the plants, you
can really cut into the munching by taking a five gallon bucket,
adding a gallon of water, a cup of bleach, and a couple
tablespoons of a bleach-compatible soap or detergent.

Grubs have just as much right to live as you do! What an ass.

Old 16-08-2003, 10:22 AM
Chris Owens

Chaim Aryeh Scharfmann wrote:

The problem is, hon, that the pesticide is killing off all the
beneficial insects, too. Plus any birds that dine on the treated
insects. Plus increasing your cancer risk significantly. For
japanese beetles, let me recommend treating your soil with milky
spore. Once it's established, it can last 20 years or more . . .
we treated everything around here seven years ago, and the beetle
grub population has disappeared. For beetles on the plants, you
can really cut into the munching by taking a five gallon bucket,
adding a gallon of water, a cup of bleach, and a couple
tablespoons of a bleach-compatible soap or detergent.

Grubs have just as much right to live as you do! What an ass.

Oh, dear Lord. Please wander on off to alt.politics.animals and
leave us alone here.

Chris Owens

Old 16-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Frogleg

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 11:56:47 -0400, Chris Owens
wrote:

Pelvis Popcan wrote:

But I *do* read the labels. Very carefully. I apply exactly the rate
that the label recommends, and apply at the frequency the label
recommends as well. As I said in my original post, I wait the maximum
amount of time in between applications - 14 days. I mainly use it to
control Japanese Beetles.

The problem is, hon, that the pesticide is killing off all the
beneficial insects, too. Plus any birds that dine on the treated
insects. Plus increasing your cancer risk significantly. For
japanese beetles, let me recommend treating your soil with milky
spore.

Mr. Popcan wrote in an earlier msg that surrounding lawn areas are not
under his control, 'though milky spore had been suggested to the condo
committee, or whatever.
Old 16-08-2003, 11:32 PM
Tom Jaszewski

On Sat, 16 Aug 2003 05:50:09 -0400, Chris Owens wrote:

leave us alone here.

us? who elected you as spokes person?
"Acts of creation are ordinarily reserved for gods and poets,
but humbler folk may circumvent this restriction if they know how.
To plant a pine, for example, one need be neither god nor poet;
one need only own a good shovel. By virtue of this curious loophole in the rules,
any clodhopper may say: Let there be a tree--and there will be one"

Aldo Leopold