Old 14-08-2003, 05:02 AM
Me

Default Fertilizer changed form from heat

I have Marathon fertilizer. It comes in little white pebbles. I'm not sure
if others do too, I've never used anything else.

It ended up turning from pebbles to a powder form. I assume it's from the
heat. My garage has been near 100 degrees for a couple weeks.

Besides changing forms, and not working appropriately in my fertilizer hand
held sprayer since it's a powder, is it still any good?

Old 14-08-2003, 02:12 PM
animaux

On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 03:49:14 GMT, "Me" wrote:

I have Marathon fertilizer. It comes in little white pebbles. I'm not sure
if others do too, I've never used anything else.

It ended up turning from pebbles to a powder form. I assume it's from the
heat. My garage has been near 100 degrees for a couple weeks.

Besides changing forms, and not working appropriately in my fertilizer hand
held sprayer since it's a powder, is it still any good?

I'd throw it into the compost pile or start one up using it. Gather dead
leaves, and some shredded wood and mix the fertilizer in with that and keep it
slightly moist till I decomposes. I wouldn't try to use it on the lawn any more
in that form. I never heard of the product, but that's what I'd do.
Old 14-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Frank Logullo

"Me" wrote in message
nk.net...
I have Marathon fertilizer. It comes in little white pebbles. I'm not sure
if others do too, I've never used anything else.

It ended up turning from pebbles to a powder form. I assume it's from the
heat. My garage has been near 100 degrees for a couple weeks.

Besides changing forms, and not working appropriately in my fertilizer

hand
held sprayer since it's a powder, is it still any good?

Sure. Not enough heat to cause chemical degradation.
Frank

Old 14-08-2003, 08:32 PM
Roy Hauer

Usually here in this area fertilizer turns to a watery liquid from
humidity once the bag is opened.
--
Visit my website:
http://www.frugalmachinist.com
Old 16-08-2003, 06:32 AM
Chris Owens

Me wrote:

I have Marathon fertilizer. It comes in little white pebbles. I'm not sure
if others do too, I've never used anything else.

It ended up turning from pebbles to a powder form. I assume it's from the
heat. My garage has been near 100 degrees for a couple weeks.

Besides changing forms, and not working appropriately in my fertilizer hand
held sprayer since it's a powder, is it still any good?

That would depend a great deal on the chemical composition of the
fertilizer; but, it's an odds-on bet the answer is 'no'. Call
Marathon -- the phone number will be on the fertilizer packaging
-- and ask.

Chris Owens