Old 18-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Jan Flora

Default Propagating Christmas cactus?

Hey Folks:

Some of my friends have really cool Christmas cactus colors.
I tried rooting a slip, but it croaked. Can anyone give me some
hints on how to do it right?

Jan
Old 18-08-2003, 12:42 PM
Tom Randy

On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 06:39:12 -0400, Jan Flora wrote:

Hey Folks:

Some of my friends have really cool Christmas cactus colors. I tried
rooting a slip, but it croaked. Can anyone give me some hints on how to
do it right?

Jan

There's nothing to it. Just take a few clippings, put them in SLIGHLY damp
soil out of direct sunlight for a few weeks.

WELLA!
Old 19-08-2003, 02:02 AM
The Human Round-Up

I had a "segment" share a pot with a jade plant outside; I hardly
watered it (about once every two weeks). And I still got the same
results (in about the same time too).

I don't get 100% of the slips to root. Use a sterile rooting medium
(sand or vermilculite) and rooting hormone. The slips should have 4
or 5 sections. Enclose the cutting in plastic and provide bright
light. They take 6-8 weeks to root. Same thing with orchid cactus,
which I believe are in the same family.

[IMG] code is On

My Christmas Cactus Question Shell Gardening 8 06-04-2004 08:49 PM
overwatered Christmas cactus [email protected] Gardening 8 01-12-2003 04:32 AM
Christmas Cactus John Setzler Gardening 2 26-11-2003 05:05 PM
Christmas Cactus Françoise Gardening 7 07-11-2003 02:02 AM
Christmas Cactus flowering failure Andy Clews United Kingdom 9 20-01-2003 12:06 PM