Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-08-2003, 11:12 PM
Olentangy

Default Watering Ban What to do

My city here in suburban KC has issued a full outdoor watering ban.
Temps have been 95-100 for 2 weeks, and we have had about 1 inch of
rain for the past two months.

I have been watering my lawn, and it was doing OK until Thursday, when
it hit 107. I watered then, and now I cannot water anything for the
forseeable future.

What type of shrubs/trees should I plant if I have to replace them
that would be able to survive this extreme climate, if it persists
year after year? We seem to be getting hotter and dryer in the
summers, and I want to have landscaping that needs minimal watering.
Unfortunately, desert foliage "cacti etc.. will not work here as we
have winters!

What can I do?