Old 28-08-2003, 05:32 PM
Faye Tarzwell

Default red perenials?

My sister in law made a comment that there are very few red perenials. Is
that true?
We could only remember a couple ans she has one other but doesn't know the
name.
So far we know of Bee Balm and Coral bells. Any others for the list?

FayeC

Old 28-08-2003, 06:02 PM
Faye Tarzwell

Red coreopsis? I have pink ones....
Have to look for the red species now
I thought poppies were annuals.....
Do you have a link to seed vendors?

Thanks,

FayeC

Old 28-08-2003, 06:02 PM
pelirojaroja

Are plants that reseed themselves considered perennials? Or is a true
perennial where the same plant reemerges every year? I've been curious
about this point.

--
-- pelirojaroja
"There is a garden in every childhood,

-- Elizabeth Lawrence

Old 28-08-2003, 06:22 PM
Suja

Faye Tarzwell wrote:

Red coreopsis? I have pink ones....

Coreopsis 'Limerock Ruby'. Unless you're in a fairly warm zone, this
one is now being considered an annual.

Suja

Old 28-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Suja

Faye Tarzwell wrote:

So far we know of Bee Balm and Coral bells. Any others for the list?

Off the top of my head, so not a complete list, of course. Yarrow,
dianthus, lobelia, lots of daylilies, roses, asters and mums, lychnis,
Potentilla, Oriental poppy, Asiatic lilies, et al. If you play a little
loose with the definition of red to include the burgundy-reds,
orange-reds and pinky reds, the list would be longer.

Suja

Old 28-08-2003, 06:32 PM
Sed5555

My sister in law made a comment that there are very few red perenials. Is
that true?

Cardinal flower, scarlet gila, hummingbird trumpet (more orange), carnation,
sweet william, red valerien, roses, peony, red veronica speedwell, 'autumn red'
mum, several types of penstemon (pineleaf,firecracker), california fushia,
there is a verbascom with bright red stalks, columbine, yarrow, potentilla,
gaillardia, lupine.
sed5555
Old 28-08-2003, 10:02 PM
Derryl Killan

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 13:01:42 -0400, "pelirojaroja"
wrote:

Are plants that reseed themselves considered perennials? Or is a true
perennial where the same plant reemerges every year? I've been curious
about this point.

They are not true perennials.
Old 29-08-2003, 06:02 PM
dkat

It was sold here on Long Island as a perennial... It is really beautiful. I
guess I should do what I can to protect it. DK
"Suja" wrote in message
Faye Tarzwell wrote:

Red coreopsis? I have pink ones....

Coreopsis 'Limerock Ruby'. Unless you're in a fairly warm zone, this
one is now being considered an annual.

Suja

[IMG] code is On

Please identify these little perenials: Blackpanther Garden Photos 7 19-03-2009 04:58 PM
Chicago zone 5a exotic perenials? Maybe European berries [email protected] Edible Gardening 4 01-07-2005 07:42 PM
second year perenials dc Texas 1 05-03-2004 04:37 AM
second year perenials dc Texas 1 05-03-2004 04:29 AM
Perenials John Gardening 1 28-09-2003 09:02 AM