Old 02-09-2003, 05:42 PM
Harold Hoglund

Default Name that plant!

I bought a supposed Hibiscus from Home Depot. It does not appear to be so.
Checking the web, all the pictures I found did not look like my plant. The
flower looks a lot like a white rose, although the stems are smooth. Please
help identify!

http://www3.sympatico.ca/hoglundh/ho..._home_page.htm

An email would be appreciated

Thanks!

Old 02-09-2003, 06:32 PM
Buzzy

David J Bockman wrote:

It looks to be HIBISCUS SYRIACUS L., aka Shrub Althea, also called
Rose-of-Sharon

Dave

"Harold Hoglund" wrote in message
I bought a supposed Hibiscus from Home Depot. It does not appear to be so.
Checking the web, all the pictures I found did not look like my plant. The
flower looks a lot like a white rose, although the stems are smooth.

Please

help identify!

Seconded!
Buzzy

--

Buzzy's Stall Wall
www.buzzys.net

Old 02-09-2003, 08:32 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Don't know where you looked. Do a google image search.

It is a white double flowered Hibiscus syriacus.

Finding the actual cultivar name, if any, is another story.

Old 02-09-2003, 10:32 PM
Penny Morgan

It is a Hibiscus, but it's a perennial type called Rose of Sharon. It forms
a bush and is deciduous (loses all leaves in winter). I have two on the
side of my house in full sun and they are a favorite of Japanese Beetles,
although they really didn't bother my yard this year. Mine are a medium
pink in color.

Penny
Zone 7b - North Carolina

Old 02-09-2003, 10:42 PM
paghat

"Harold Hoglund" wrote in message
I bought a supposed Hibiscus from Home Depot. It does not appear to be so.
Checking the web, all the pictures I found did not look like my plant. The
flower looks a lot like a white rose, although the stems are smooth.
Please help identify!

http://www3.sympatico.ca/hoglundh/ho..._home_page.htm

An email would be appreciated

Thanks!

I have a pink one:
http://www.paghat.com/roseofsharonmyths.html
http://www.paghat.com/roseofsharon.html

-paggers

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 10-09-2003, 06:42 PM
MWhite3660

It looks like your bush is a "Rose of Sharron". It falls within the hybiscus
family and is a very hardy and easy to grow bush. Email if you have any

Old 11-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

That is the GENUS Hibiscus. (note spelling.)

The SPECIES is Hibiscus syriacus, commonly called "Rose of Sharon". (note
spelling)

However, the plant is in the FAMILY Malvaceae not the Rosaceae.

You are being e-mailed because you didn't have the correct answers.
You also lose points for incorrect spelling.

MWhite3660 wrote in message
It looks like your bush is a "Rose of Sharron". It falls within the

hybiscus
family and is a very hardy and easy to grow bush. Email if you have any

[IMG] code is On

Scientific Name Eschsclozia californica COMMON NAME CALIFORNIA POPPY Family Name Papavaraceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 4 23-03-2011 06:44 PM
Scientific Name Salvia mellifera COMMON NAME BLACK SAGE Family Name Lamiaceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 1 23-03-2011 08:22 AM
[IBC] Tree Name Database. Was [IBC] Name Meaning Nicolas Steenhout Bonsai 0 16-10-2004 10:45 AM
Plant Name? Willow Australia 16 05-04-2003 06:37 AM
Plant Name? Willow Australia 0 11-03-2003 10:57 AM