Old 15-09-2003, 07:22 AM
Just another fan

Default Help with Compost Tea

"paghat" wrote in message
news

Just please tell me you DID laugh your ass off reading at least the
they're-out-to-getme, scientists are evil revelations, & reposted it for
laugh value & not because you personally fell into the rhythm of it &
started to think there really is a world-wide cabal of evil scientists out
to destroy her & the whole "tradition needs no science" compost tea
industry.

-paghat

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"

Yup I laughed my ass of at your ignorant response. Any idjet with a
microscope can see, for example, that compost tea DOES contain nematodes.
And your diatribe goes downhill from there. Do as you will...in the end
you'll remain the fool.

Old 15-09-2003, 05:12 PM
paghat

In article zPc9b.34981$n94.17759@fed1read04, "Just another fan"
wrote:

"paghat" wrote in message
news

Just please tell me you DID laugh your ass off reading at least the
they're-out-to-getme, scientists are evil revelations, & reposted it for
laugh value & not because you personally fell into the rhythm of it &
started to think there really is a world-wide cabal of evil scientists out
to destroy her & the whole "tradition needs no science" compost tea
industry.

-paghat

Yup I laughed my ass of at your ignorant response. Any idjet with a
microscope can see, for example, that compost tea DOES contain nematodes.
And your diatribe goes downhill from there. Do as you will...in the end
you'll remain the fool.

Often one to ten nematodes per gallon -- often none at all -- & even those
few won't be the specific nematodes noted for attacking harmful insects,
so you might as well be adding vinegar worms. Plus if nematodes are to be
successfully introduced to a garden it must be done under specific
conditions of temperature & moisture & in their species' season at a time
when their host/prey is vulnerable. In context of teas the promise of
nematodes has no applicability, & the word is an "abracadabra" incantation
to insure sales from easy dupes who believe in merely magical principles
perpetrated specifically to sell teas by vendors who really don't like the
science.

And if you fell for the nematode line, did you also agree with that crazy
biddy's claim that the only reason no field study supports her claims is
because researchers & scientists sneak into the fields when no one's
watching & intentionally poison their plants because they malicioiusly
want to undermine her claims? If you believe such a paranoid scam artist
about how the horticultural extension studies poison their plants to "get"
her, then you're not qualified to judge who's an idjet with or without a
microscope; all ya need's a mirror.

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 15-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Just another fan

You just don't get it! We're not trying to add specific nematodes with
specific hosts. That's just not the intent. And once again you pull a
snippet out of context and exaggerate. The are no "magical" properties
advertised by SFI! But I guess it's obvious, that when you are wrong, you
just won't budge! Reminds me of your poke about Las Vegas not having
"hundreds" of associations, when you are clearly proven wrong you get
suddenly quiet or obtuse. So be it....one disagreement out of many posts
with common ground isn't bad....

news

Old 16-09-2003, 12:12 AM
paghat

In article pWq9b.36429$n94.6822@fed1read04, "Just another fan"
wrote:

You just don't get it! We're not trying to add specific nematodes with
specific hosts. That's just not the intent. And once again you pull a
snippet out of context and exaggerate. The are no "magical" properties
advertised by SFI! But I guess it's obvious, that when you are wrong, you
just won't budge! Reminds me of your poke about Las Vegas not having
"hundreds" of associations, when you are clearly proven wrong you get
suddenly quiet or obtuse. So be it....one disagreement out of many posts
with common ground isn't bad....

Poor, poor tommy. You rely on vendor sales pitches, refuse to believe the
actual field studies, & upraise a nut who believes she is personally
persecuted by researchers who kill their own plants to make her crazy-ass
theories of tea values look wrong. And the best you can say for her is
that it is "out of context" to point out the acually paranoid bits of her
crazy worldview -- but her certifiably NUTS beliefs about why none of the
science matches up to her merely magical premises really does convey her
overall credibility. Back when your hero Ingaham COULD have been doing
research at the University of Oregon (rather than getting in trouble
PRETENDING she did research with Dr. Moore), & maybe earned a shot at
tenure awfully late in her life, they instead asked her to leave because
she was only using the University labs to run her own tea-testing business
for personal profit. She has ever since believed they are still out to get
her & that all over the world researchers are failing to find any
correlation between these teas & control of pathogens is exclusively to
ruin her business & malign her claims.

Those claims might once have been good as hypothesis -- but the science to
date has not proven the hypothesis to be true -- which has not kept
vendors from pretending otherwise. If you can find peer-reviewed controled
field studies to the contrary, cite those. But if your best expert is a
vendor & worse4 than that a paranoic fruitcake who believes scientists are
out to get her & will kill their own field study specimens to make her
methods look bad, well, you're obviously desparate to believe in magic if
THAT remains so convincing to you.

If you use it exclusively as a mediocre fertilizer, fine. It's good for
that. When you insist on believing it enhances the microbial population,
introducing even nematodes, & this lowers the incidents of pathogens --
you're just repeating vendor deceptions. The science has yet to find any
truth to it where aerated teas are concerned. The NON-aerobic teas that
have occasionally been shown to have a trivial yet measurable impact on
SOME pathogens of SOME plants your paranoid heroine Ingaham specifically
calls worthless & harmful -- why would she dismiss the only tepid evidence
of efficacy for her alleged values? Because anything in favor non-aerated
teas does not permit an industry focused on selling you $325 to $500 worth
of aerating equipment.

Someday the truth of that may sink in that you've been duped & wasted a
lot of time & money & emotional commitment to a myth attached to
friendly-sounding terms like "organic." In the meantime no doubt you'll
have to continue to relky on mindless name-calling since you have nothing
to actually support your superstitions when you come up against the actual
finding -- which remains this: aerobic teas have the same effect on plant
pathogens as plain water. That's the truth, wether or not the worthless
stuff contains zero to ten nematodes you pretend to have seen with the
microscope you never actually used.

-paggers

news