Old 03-06-2004, 07:03 AM
HPBudlong

Default bouganvilla

My bouganvilla was beautiful for several years and now there are very few
"flowers." Could it need some hard pruning? I don't know if they "flower" on
new growth and perhaps that is the problem or what.
I had another bush that lookked like it just died and cut it to the ground and
now it seems to be coming back. A third bush was beautiful last yuear, but
again hardly any color. Any suggestions?
Helen
Old 03-06-2004, 12:04 PM
Ricky

"HPBudlong" wrote in message
My bouganvilla was beautiful for several years and now there are very few
"flowers." Could it need some hard pruning? I don't know if they "flower"

on
new growth and perhaps that is the problem or what.
I had another bush that lookked like it just died and cut it to the ground

and
now it seems to be coming back. A third bush was beautiful last yuear, but
again hardly any color. Any suggestions?
Helen

In order for Bougainvillea to bloom it must have full sun, minimal water,
and minimal fertilizer. At least once a year they need a hard cutback as
well.

Old 10-06-2004, 08:02 AM
Gardñ@Gardñ.info

"Ricky" in :

In order for Bougainvillea to bloom it must have full sun, minimal
water, and minimal fertilizer. At least once a year they need a hard
cutback as well.

gotta be hard to prune this one

http://www.volvoadventures.com/164AusBougainvillea.jpg

i've seen them way up in trees.