Old 09-09-2003, 08:22 PM
J.Carr

Default Where is this red powder coming from?

Hi All:

This is my first time posting on this group. Here's the problem. I noticed a couple of weeks ago
that my shoes were covered in a reddish powder. I didn't think anything of it so I cleaned my shoes
and it came off. Then I noticed a couple of days later my shoes and my husband's shoes are covered
in the same red powder. I've also noticed that the grass has a reddish tint to it, as does the top of my
husband's hair. Because I'm disabled I'm mostly house confied, so I'm not picking this up anywhere
but in my backyard. Does anyone have any idea what this powder might be. I would greatly appreciate
any info anyone can spot me. Thank for your time.

StarLite
Old 09-09-2003, 08:42 PM
Gary M

J.Carr wrote in
:

This is my first time posting on this group. Here's the problem. I
noticed a couple of weeks ago that my shoes were covered in a reddish
powder. I didn't think anything of it so I cleaned my shoes and it
came off. Then I noticed a couple of days later my shoes and my
husband's shoes are covered in the same red powder. I've also noticed
that the grass has a reddish tint to it, as does the top of my
husband's hair. Because I'm disabled I'm mostly house confied, so I'm
not picking this up anywhere but in my backyard. Does anyone have any
idea what this powder might be. I would greatly appreciate any info
anyone can spot me. Thank for your time.

Hi it is lawn rust, a fungal disease that weakens grass and can sometime
cause the grass to die over winter. Common solutions are to fertilizer
and bag grass clippings when mowing. The grass should outgrow it if
properly watered, mowed and fertilized. Here is a google search that
should help you:

http://tinyurl.com/mrua

Good luck,

Gary