Old 24-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Zemedelec

Default What's your zone??

When writing to this newsgroup, it would often be much easier to offer advice
if people would automatically include their hardiness zone. What goes for me
in 9b (New Orleans, south side of Lake Pontchartrain) would probably not work
for someone in Alaska or Arizona (too lazy to look up the zones for them at the
moment.)
zemedelec
Old 24-09-2003, 11:22 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Where you actually are on the planet is far more informative that giving the
silly retardiness zone.

Sionce you yourself are in the lazy zone why should you expect any more from
others?

Old 25-09-2003, 03:02 AM
Madgardener

and she says this forgetting to sign off with her zone despite that she told
us what it was. And for yer info, Z, the American Horticultural Society and
Agricultural Department has revised the zonal map and you're now just in
zone 9. No a's or b's anymore, same as we're not in 6b anymore but zone 7.
You can find the map here....
http://www.ahs.org/pdfs/USDA_Map_3.03.pdf
madgardener up on the ridge, back in fairy holler, overlooking English
Mountain, in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36.

Old 27-09-2003, 03:33 AM
Zemedelec

Sionce you yourself are in the lazy zone why should you expect any more from
others?
BRBR

Darling, I gave my zone in the body of the letter. Learn to read an entire
text before you pop off like that. It makes you look stupid, and you wouldn't
want that...would you?
zemedelec
Old 27-09-2003, 04:36 AM
Sed5555

When writing to this newsgroup, it would often be much easier to offer advice
if people would automatically include their hardiness zone.

Did you know that the hardiness zones are changing? Seems we are getting
warmer. The new zones can be seen at:
http://www.colostate.edu/Depts/CoopE...rden/zones.htm
sed5555

Old 27-09-2003, 02:02 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Well now there, sweet pea, honey chile, sugar rush, zone this! .o!oo.

If you are so damned smart, why aren't you out there trying to cure cancer
or making peace in the Middle East instead of obsessing on stupid hardiness
zone numbers?

None-the-less which zone you claim, giving them is completely useless unless
one knows exactly where you are actually are on the planet. There are many
more factors determining cold hardiness than the simplistic number code
implies.

Old 01-10-2003, 05:12 AM
Madgardener

like I said in the post two days ago.....................g we've warmed up
by a whole point. We used to be zone 6b, which was the warm side of six,
now we're SEVEN.........
madgardener going to look for socks, the feet are
cold....................(it is humid and there is a fall chill in the air)