Old 26-09-2003, 10:22 AM
Giggles

Default tree stump removal

I have a bunch of tree stumps that I have acquired. To get rid of them I've
drilled a bunch of holes into them . What can I put into those holes to get
them to rot. I don't want to use anything that s poisonous . Thank you for
your time

Old 26-09-2003, 03:42 PM
Beecrofter

"Giggles" wrote in message news:0KQcb.24247$TM4.9958@pd7tw2no...
I have a bunch of tree stumps that I have acquired. To get rid of them I've
drilled a bunch of holes into them . What can I put into those holes to get
them to rot. I don't want to use anything that s poisonous . Thank you for
your time

The more holes the better, fill em with any high nitrogen fertilizer
and they will rot quicker. Or put a mound of Manure on top of each.
The stuff in the cans for burning stumps is a high nitrogen fertilizer
that is also an oxidant and is not all that terrible to use.
(potassium nitrate)
Old 26-09-2003, 05:42 PM
simy1

"Giggles" wrote in message news:0KQcb.24247$TM4.9958@pd7tw2no...
I have a bunch of tree stumps that I have acquired. To get rid of them I've
drilled a bunch of holes into them . What can I put into those holes to get
them to rot. I don't want to use anything that s poisonous . Thank you for
your time

www.fungi.com. They have a lot of edible mushrooms that specialize in
stumps. It will work quite well with stumps that are in shade, or are
in full sun but will get shade because you plant shrubs around them.
Old 26-09-2003, 06:22 PM
JNJ

I have a bunch of tree stumps that I have acquired. To get rid of them
I've
drilled a bunch of holes into them . What can I put into those holes to

get
them to rot. I don't want to use anything that s poisonous . Thank you

for
your time

If you want this to occur at any time in the near future, you should just
rent a stump grinder and grind them up. Additionally, you can hire someone
with a stump grinder to do it -- most arborists can get you an estimate.
Mushrooms/fungi are a good way to go, but no matter what you do you'll end
up with a lengthy process. Much easier to grind 'em into shavings/mulch and
till it under (or spread it into a new bed).

James

Old 30-09-2003, 04:02 AM
J Kolenovsky

You can use charcoal. Get an empty 1 or 5 gal paint can that has been
cleaned out, poke a bunch of holes in it and fill with charcoal, ignite
and set to smouldering.

Giggles wrote:
=

I have a bunch of tree stumps that I have acquired. To get rid of them =

I've
drilled a bunch of holes into them . What can I put into those holes to=

get
them to rot. I don't want to use anything that s poisonous . Thank you=

for
your time

-- =

J. Kolenovsky, A+, Network +, MCP
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal

[IMG] code is On

Tree Stump Removal Michael_Garden Gardening 7 20-06-2012 03:12 PM
Tree Stump Removal Alan Smith United Kingdom 8 29-09-2008 08:32 PM
Stump Removal Wanda Too Australia 14 30-01-2004 06:18 AM
Stump removal Frank K. Lawns 6 14-09-2003 02:32 PM
tree stump removal DScott Texas 18 12-09-2003 02:02 PM