Old 04-10-2003, 08:02 AM
Siberian Husky

Default Help: Wildflower Identification

Hi!

I wonder if someone can help me identify two wildflowers. I probably
got them in a seed pack of wildflower mix. Now I collected their
seeds and I want to label them (so I can use them next year or later
-- if their fertility/viability does not drop too much). I appreciate
anyone who can help!

The first flower is orange, in
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dro...13.jpg&.view=t
The diameter of the flower is smaller than one inch. The plant is
around (shorter than) one foot. In this photo you will also see some
seed "pack" forming below the flowers on top.

The second flower is yellow, in
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dro...37.jpg&.view=t
It is more than 1 meter (3 feet) tall, as you can see the window
position in the picture (and Indian blanketflower grows by the side).
The link
http://f1.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/dro...36.jpg&.view=t
shows a closeup of the yellow flower.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-10-2003, 08:12 AM
Charles

On 3 Oct 2003 23:58:36 -0700, (Siberian
Husky) wrote:

[...]

Yahoo says the files are not accessible.

Why not post them in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
--

- Charles
-
Old 04-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Siberian Husky

Husky) wrote:

[...]

Oops! Forgot to make the folder public. Now it should be accessible.

The servers I use do not carry alt.binaries.*, neither does groups.google.com.
Old 04-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Pen

First is wallflower:

http://www.anniesannuals.com/signs/b...s_allionii.htm

Second is Evening Primrose:

http://www.funet.fi/pub/sci/bio/life...eae/oenothera/
Old 04-10-2003, 07:12 PM
Charles

On 4 Oct 2003 09:53:09 -0700, (Siberian
Husky) wrote:

Charles wrote in message . ..
On 3 Oct 2003 23:58:36 -0700,
(Siberian
Husky) wrote:

[...]

The second plant, the yellow flowered one, looks to me like an evening
primrose, but that's a guess. There are many kinds, try a google
image search.

The pictures show up sideways on Yahoo, why not set them upright?

--

- Charles
-