Old 05-10-2003, 06:12 PM
Rebecca Hilliard

Default Asiatic Lillies-Seeds?

Do Asiatic Lillies produce "seeds" in the fall? I am seeing something
that looks like seed pods beginning to open up now that the foliage is
dying off. These "seed pods" are located in the part of the bloom
that's left after the flower falls off. Sorry, I don't know the
technical terms for everything. If these are seeds, can they be
replanted, and if so, what is the best way to do that? I always
thought these lillies grew from bulbs, so now I"m a bit confused.

Rebecca Hilliard
Zone 6a
Old 06-10-2003, 02:02 PM
Andrew Ostrander

Yes, Asiatic lilies produce seeds, but the time needed to grow flowering
plants from those seeds is too long for most gradeners. Also the plants you
get from seeds will not be the same as the parent plants. In the case of
hybrid parents the offspring usually will be less desirable.

Leave the bulbs in the ground. Your lilies should come back from their
bulbs next year with no work on your part.

"Rebecca Hilliard" wrote in message
om...
Do Asiatic Lillies produce "seeds" in the fall? I am seeing something
that looks like seed pods beginning to open up now that the foliage is
dying off. These "seed pods" are located in the part of the bloom
that's left after the flower falls off. Sorry, I don't know the
technical terms for everything. If these are seeds, can they be
replanted, and if so, what is the best way to do that? I always
thought these lillies grew from bulbs, so now I"m a bit confused.

Rebecca Hilliard
Zone 6a

[IMG] code is On

Asiatic Jasmine stuck Texas 15 21-06-2006 03:52 PM
What's Eating My Asiatic Lillies? [email protected] Gardening 8 15-06-2005 11:06 PM
Selective Chewing Asiatic Lily Buds Joe Gardening 2 16-07-2004 02:02 AM
should I deadhead asiatic lily maf49 Gardening 1 29-04-2004 12:07 PM
Vine Weevil Vs Asiatic Lillies lsd United Kingdom 7 29-03-2004 04:08 PM