Old 22-10-2003, 03:02 AM
Betsy

Default What's Madgardener's new handle?

What is Madgardener calling herself nowadays? I always go to her posts
FIRST!!!! And I think I heard that she'd changed her "From" name.

Old 22-10-2003, 05:12 AM
madgardener

naaaaaa, I'm still the "madgardener", I just changed me e-mail address after
8 years of being on the newsgroup under bellsouth.net...... I call meself
Madgardener, madgardener, Maddie, ya'll call me "mad" sometimes when ya'll
answer me , Unkle Dave on WNCW based outa Spindale, North Carolina has
dubbed me "Aunt Maddie" because he met me over the phone as the ol'
madgardener in Eastern Tennessee/Dandridge and decided I was worthy of
shortening to Aunt Maddie....g You honor me Betsy by saying you go to my
posts first. (awwwwwww, geeze..dragging my toe in the dust) BUT, since I am
mentally whipped tonight from dealing with the thugs from the gub'ment ALL
day today, and it leaving me with heart flutters, heartburn and indigestion,
tomorrow, TOMORROW----- since I had to **** away a perfect and glorious day
off of fall weather that I coulda gotten something DONE in my desperately
needing "yards" and attend to the fairy beds and just HANG with my little
critters and wee folk, TOMORROW my love I will deffinately have some
mindless ramble to share with ya'll because tomorrow I am tucking in bags of
bulbs, pouring the 400 pounds of organic crappy humus I purchased from Lowes
Sunday into one of two raised beds, watering parched and gasping trees (if
we ain't lost them yet........I will know tomorrow) and all sorts of garden
and related assorted sundry of things.

Tonight,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Sugar,the pound puppy that "Maw Rose" so much
loves and protects now but doesn't TELL any of the dawg rules, Sugar, in a
purely vindictive moment in the two hours time between when oldest son went
to work (I had to go deal with the gub'ment agents today and stress myself
out further and left early) and the time when Squire came home from work,
got UP on my office chair I sit in at my computer and to do budgets and
bills and just dream and write,n' got the bag of Solomon Seal "raisins" that
a sweet friend by the name of Louis from'Visconsin... sent me a couple of
weeks ago that were going to be planted this afternoon, and tore and emptied
the bag all over the nook floor. Then because I DARED to leave her and not
take her with me, she decided to REALLY get even with me (this was
discovered long after appropriate punishment had been levied on her by
Squire when he discovered the soil and son's sandels that she luckily hadn't
chewed or ripped,as he walked into the empty house, but when I finally got
home, I discovered she was mad at ALL of us because she'd also gotten a new
package of Squire's socks, still in the package, and took it to the back den
and tore the package all to hell, but didn't rip the socks........she was
lucky) but I located all the stressed and dried little raisins/rootlets of
Solomon Seal from the floor, and immediately planted them in the black
cherry shade bed. HOURS later, I was telling Mary Emma the day's nightmares
and that I wouldn't be at her house tomorrow to dig up tree peony plants
when I realized that the foam I had swept up with the soil from the bag had
come from somewhere......................................... ....Sugar had
ripped the whole corner of my office chair and torn it to gaping disaster.
No amount of sewing would fix this gouge. It was as if a large animal had
taken a 7 inch bite out of the corner of my chair......she got another butt
whipping and chastising. Lord when is this smart dog going to learn she is
loved, that we're coming back and that it's wrong to rip our things up when
we have to go to work?? HUGE SIGH.....................sorry, I just took
off there on a tangient, didn't I? Well I ain't deleting it, I'm leaving it
as it is.

I appreciate your interest. I hope I continue to give you reason to open up
my posts. Where do YOU garden honey? I'm always interested in my backyard
and fence neighbors.

madgardener ever up on the ridge, back in my dry and dusty fairy holler,
overlooking a sleepy English Mountain where the stars are bright and you can
see wisps of meteor showers here in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone
36 (it got up to 77o today!)

Old 22-10-2003, 06:02 PM
Janet Baraclough

The message
from "madgardener" contains these words:

Lord when is this smart dog going to learn she is
loved, that we're coming back and that it's wrong to rip our things up when
we have to go to work??

It's called separation anxiety, not uncommon especially in rescue dogs
which have experienced being left by a previous owner who never came
back. One of our rescue dogs fixed on me very strongly from the moment
he arrived and never let me out of his sight. When I returned to work
Tim started doing what Sugar does, every day during the hour alone
between me leaving and my house help arriving.

I solved it by spending a few minutes repeatedly leaving exactly as if I
was going to work, out the house to the street, then straight back
inside as if arriving home from work. The dog is only alone for two
minutes. Leave and arrive casually with just a friendly word or light
pat; don't make a great big exciting fuss of the dog at either
time.Repeat it several times each session and do it on several
successive days. The dog quickly learns to associate your departures
with you always coming back, and with a pleasant calm relaxed
atmosphere. After a couple of sessions Tim took my exits and arrivals
for granted as a normal part of life, and the problem behaviour stopped.

Janet.
Old 23-10-2003, 12:02 AM
madgardener

thanks Janet. I will start doing this immediately. (I also bought a kennel
cage for the first days that she totally gets livid when Mike leaves for
work in his cloud of dust, Squire and I already being gone. He is usually
the last one out the house as he works second shift and she gets angry and
upset at all of us, but has really come down on me and my stuff recently due
to getting more days off. This last bout made me think she would start
tearing up inside plants and if she did THAT she'd have her ass in a deep
sling. Bad enough she digs up my gardens.....................I think the
cage will work since she won't be in it for more than three hours and will
have water, chewy bones and the only thing she will have to deal with is
being seperated from Rose. But knowing Rose, she will hang close by as she's
quite attached to her adopted daughter.g I will talk to Mike tonight
about how he leaves though to instill the behavior you have mentioned and
hopefully as smart as she is, she will mellow out. You'd think she felt calm
since she's been with us since July.................again, thanks Janet.
madgardener

Old 27-10-2003, 10:42 PM
loonyhiker

Hey Mad!

Somehow I've been unable to read my newsgroups the old way and I
finally found this on Google. I am dying to know how the dog situation
is going. I spent all day yesterday cleaning out my flowerbeds (they
have been severely neglected) and that stupid vinca has grown like
kudzu and taken over half the bed. I need a dog to come dig it all up.
Can I borrow yours???

loony