Old 08-11-2003, 12:02 PM
Frogleg

Default Pecans in a pasture ?

On Thu, 6 Nov 2003 19:41:38 -0600, "Gloria"
wrote:

I have access to free pecans, all I care to harvest, but they are in a horse
pasture, and of course, there is manure scattered about under the trees.
Are these pecans safe to eat? The idea of eating pecans that have fallen
where the horses deposit their manure has me a bit concerned about health
issues. Does anyone have an opinion? TIA

I sympathized with your dilemma, and then realized that nuts fall
where there is poop of all sorts -- mostly squirrel around here. If
it's *noticable*, you might want to brush and then rinse, but I've
been picking up nuts from the ground and shelling and using with no
ill effects for years.
Old 09-11-2003, 01:02 AM
madgardener

On Fri, 07 Nov 2003 21:39:17 GMT, Salty Thumb
wrote:

madgardener wrote in
:

woman!!! heaven in a loaf! GBSEG

hi Mad,

Your long-time friends in the group are probably too polite to say
anything, but you don't really mean that, do you? Not in this particular
thread, anyway?

GBMEG ;-)

lord I didn't realize what I had said until I read it..............LOL
no, I didn't mean it THAT way!
maddie

[IMG] code is On

Pasture planting anyone? Volfie Gardening 4 17-11-2004 11:26 PM
Advice needed - Tilling weeds to plant pasture grass XDeus Gardening 1 19-12-2003 04:34 PM
Racoons eating pecans Gene Texas 2 13-11-2003 01:13 PM
Racoons eating pecans Gene Texas 2 03-11-2003 05:03 PM
looking for online data base for pasture legumes & grasses len brauer Australia 2 11-06-2003 05:44 AM