Old 27-11-2003, 05:12 AM
J Kolenovsky

Default Garden-Ville products

Does anyone have any experience with these products?
-- =

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
=F4=BF=F4 - http://www.hal-pc.org/~garden/personal.html - personal
Old 27-11-2003, 02:42 PM
animaux

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 23:41:35 -0600, J Kolenovsky opined:

Does anyone have any experience with these products?

Yes, and I don't use them any more. They are made of sludge products. I also
don't care for the creator of the product. A far better product to use in the
landscape in Texas is LadyBug Brand or Sustane. LadyBug Brand is better than
Sustane for one reason, it has dry molasses which adds some available iron to
our soils...in Texas. I don't know if it's being sold anywhere else in the
country, but they make it here, in Texas. It is a certified organic product and
is the best rated brand and formulation by the City of Austin's Grow Green
Program.

Victoria
Old 27-11-2003, 05:12 PM
J Kolenovsky

Yes, I've heard of Ladybug and Sustane/you mention them frequently.
Houston has "Microlife".

Regarding the Garden-Ville product:

1. What is it about the creator?

2. What were the results of using the product?

=

Old 27-11-2003, 05:13 PM
J Kolenovsky

Yes, Ive heard of Ladybug/Sustane - you refer to them a lot. Houston has
"Microlife".

Reagarding the Garden-Ville products:

1. What is it about the creator?

2. What was your experience with the Garden-Ville products?

=

Old 27-11-2003, 07:20 PM
animaux

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:42:09 -0600, J Kolenovsky opined:

Yes, I've heard of Ladybug and Sustane/you mention them frequently.
Houston has "Microlife".

Regarding the Garden-Ville product:

1. What is it about the creator?

I don't like his ethics or the ethics of a few he's involved with. I've said
more than I should.

2. What were the results of using the product?

Well, I still had chlorosis and the results were not as good as when I used
Sustane or LadyBug Brand. As I've said, I prefer to use products which do not
contain human waste. They are cheap, but unreliable. Biosolids can contain
harmful levels of heavy metals and it stinks. Anything I have to wear a mask to
use is not used. I don't even use D.E. any more, as a dust for that reason.

I could probably get specific with results, but I will say for arguments sake
that, the results I see with the preferred products far outweighs any result I'd
seen using Gardenville fertilizer products.

Further, while Milorganite is a sludge product which I've used in the past for
my turf areas, I stopped using IT as well. It was a good, bacterial based,
sludge product, but to have it shipped from Wisconsin when I have perfectly good
products made locally seems to be a waste.

I do believe LadyBug Brand can cover an area of 7,000 sq.ft. I could be wrong
about that, but for turf, the 8-2-4 outperformed every other product out there.

The following website can provide the results of their studies, which were
conducted on turf using several forms of fertilizer.

http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/growgreen/lawncare.htm

Victoria

Old 28-11-2003, 03:12 AM
J Kolenovsky

animaux wrote:
=

On Thu, 27 Nov 2003 11:42:09 -0600, J Kolenovsky op=

ined:
=

Yes, I've heard of Ladybug and Sustane/you mention them frequently.
Houston has "Microlife".

Regarding the Garden-Ville product:

=

1. What is it about the creator?

=

I don't like his ethics or the ethics of a few he's involved with. I'v=

e said
more than I should.

Howard Garrett? Or some of the radio talk show dudes?

=

Old 29-11-2003, 05:12 AM
Tom Jaszewski

Ask for SFI or BBC microbial assays

--
Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky
τΏτ - http://www.celestialhabitats.com - business

Old 09-12-2003, 02:02 AM
Lori Rizzo

I bought a few bags of Garden-ville potting soil and it darn near killed my
plants. It was too hot, I think - and it retained too much water, so they were
wet all the time - even in Austin! I left the second bag in the garage, where
my dog tore it up (my faux pas!) - and she had cruddy eyes for a week!

I have no idea who the creator is, and have no private interest in any nursery
here - just a consumer.

--
L.A. Rizzo
"Gig 'Em Aggies!" Mays MBA