Old 30-11-2003, 05:32 PM
GaryM

Default Gorse

Ah, memories of my youth in the Irish hills and the prickly gorse bush
with it's gorgeous yellow flower that blankets the landscape. So any
chance it might grow here in the US, Zone 6???
Old 30-11-2003, 06:02 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Of gorse, of gorse!

The joke is on you, gorse isn't even native to Ireland!

Why would anyone want to deliberately grow such a nasty weed?

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfp/pubs/in...orse/gorse.htm

http://dnr.metrokc.gov/wlr/LANDS/Weeds/Gorse.htm

. 3.44...

Old 30-11-2003, 06:06 PM
GaryM

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in news:NZpyb.36145
:

Of gorse, of gorse!

The joke is on you, gorse isn't even native to Ireland!

Why would anyone want to deliberately grow such a nasty weed?

http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hfp/pubs/in...orse/gorse.htm

http://dnr.metrokc.gov/wlr/LANDS/Weeds/Gorse.htm

Hold your horses there mucker.

"Gorse originates in western Europe."

Since when is Ireland not part of Western Europe, you old anti-EU
Isolationist, you?

Thanks for the links
Old 01-12-2003, 05:02 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Don't give me none of your blarney.

Hate to break it to you, bucko, but Ireland is but a wee island west of
England and not part of mainland Europe.

. 3.44...

Old 01-12-2003, 12:22 PM
GaryM

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in
:

Don't give me none of your blarney.

Hate to break it to you, bucko, but Ireland is but a wee island
west of England and not part of mainland Europe.

True but the link you sent mentioned "Western Europe" not mainland
Europe. Or are you saying Ireland is not part of Europe at all. Maybe
it's on the North American continent!!? Or is it simply adrift in the
ocean, "contintentless", or it "uncontinented". Good laughs my friend.

Old 01-12-2003, 07:35 PM
paghat

In article , GaryM
wrote:

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in
:

Don't give me none of your blarney.

Hate to break it to you, bucko, but Ireland is but a wee island
west of England and not part of mainland Europe.

True but the link you sent mentioned "Western Europe" not mainland
Europe. Or are you saying Ireland is not part of Europe at all. Maybe
it's on the North American continent!!? Or is it simply adrift in the
ocean, "contintentless", or it "uncontinented". Good laughs my friend.

Ireland is the remnant of Atlantis, silly. I hear there were no snacks in
Atlantis, & because of it there are to this day no snacks in Ireland.
Would I have them confiscated if I visited Dublin bringing along my own
snacks?

-paghat the ratgirl

-from Peter Newell's "Wild Flowers"
Old 01-12-2003, 11:02 PM
Cereoid-UR12-

Give it up, O'Spammy. Nobody give a haggis.

You should be more worried that somebody might steal your "lucky charms"
while you are spending all your time doing the "river dance"!

GaryM wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in
:

Old 01-12-2003, 11:42 PM
paghat

In article ,
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote:

Give it up, O'Spammy. Nobody give a haggis.

But a Paghaggis would be nice.

You should be more worried that somebody might steal your "lucky charms"
while you are spending all your time doing the "river dance"!

GaryM wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in
:

Old 02-12-2003, 02:22 AM
GaryM

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in
om:

Give it up, O'Spammy. Nobody give a haggis.

You should be more worried that somebody might steal your "lucky
charms" while you are spending all your time doing the "river
dance"!

What do you mean? Nobody cares about my question, or you hope they
don't care about your ignorant replies? This is a gardening newsgroup
and I was curious. No harm there. But you get all smartass, now
offensive, but worst of all, you're just plain wrong. You really ought
to think twice before you try to get yuks from someone's question
again. Especially if you can't take being shown up. Sheesh.

Gary

PS If you think I'm a spammer it's . Um, good luck.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:02 AM
animaux

I WISH I could do that Riverdance! I'm a gay man inside. I lust after the
Riverdance...I adore Queer Eye as well. Then again, I have been a fag hag for
all my life.

On Mon, 01 Dec 2003 22:58:12 GMT, "Cereoid-UR12-"
opined:

Give it up, O'Spammy. Nobody give a haggis.

You should be more worried that somebody might steal your "lucky charms"
while you are spending all your time doing the "river dance"!

GaryM wrote in message
.3.44...
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in
:

Old 02-12-2003, 04:04 AM
animaux

On Tue, 02 Dec 2003 02:13:54 -0000, GaryM opined:

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in
. com:

Give it up, O'Spammy. Nobody give a haggis.

You should be more worried that somebody might steal your "lucky
charms" while you are spending all your time doing the "river
dance"!

What do you mean? Nobody cares about my question, or you hope they
don't care about your ignorant replies? This is a gardening newsgroup
and I was curious. No harm there. But you get all smartass, now
offensive, but worst of all, you're just plain wrong. You really ought
to think twice before you try to get yuks from someone's question
again. Especially if you can't take being shown up. Sheesh.

Gary

PS If you think I'm a spammer it's . Um, good luck.

Do you listen to Howard Stern? Well, if you don't, never mind. If you do,
think Yucko the Clown. That guy makes me fall on the floor laughing. He
reminds me of our own loveable Yucko the Cereoid! I think his deprecating humor
is an acquired taste. Forgive me if I acquire it.

Victoria
Old 02-12-2003, 04:32 AM
Cereoid-UR12-

Are you curious yellow or are you curious blue?

Mix the two together and you get Irish green!

Your question was answered and you should just leave it at that, Spambot,
instead of pining away over noxious weeds and the land of drunken poets. If
you ever sober up from drinking all that green beer, you just might be able
to get a life but I doubt it.

Shown up by the likes of you? Don't make me laugh. You must be one of the
little people we hear so much about. Who stole your pot of gold?

GaryM wrote in message
. 3.44...
"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in
om:

Old 02-12-2003, 12:32 PM
GaryM

"Cereoid-UR12-" wrote in
. com:

Your question was answered and you should just leave it at that,

And leave you to puff your chest thinking your a big ol' funny guy?
Nah, you demonostrate far too much much ingorance not to have a laugh
at.

Shown up by the likes of you? Don't make me laugh.

I think I did alright. Keep it coming ...
Old 03-12-2003, 01:22 AM
Pam - gardengal

"GaryM" wrote in message
. 3.44...
Ah, memories of my youth in the Irish hills and the prickly gorse bush
with it's gorgeous yellow flower that blankets the landscape. So any
chance it might grow here in the US, Zone 6???

To answer your question without the accompanying silliness, zone 6 is too
cold for gorse - it requires a moderated, more maritime climate to thrive.
Probably a good thing, as it is incredibly invasive in areas where it can
grow and is considered a noxious weed. Its sale and growth is restricted.
Enjoy it in your memories - that's where it safely belongs.

pam - gardengal

pam - gardengal

Old 03-12-2003, 05:12 PM
David Hill

"....... Ah, memories of my youth in the Irish hills and the prickly gorse
bush with it's gorgeous yellow flower that blankets the landscape. So any
chance it might grow here in the US, Zone 6??? ......."

Wild Gorse is a menace though the old Welsh saying is that "Kissing is in
season whilst Gorse is in flower" the seed pods burst explosively throwing
the seed up to 20 ft or so.BUT
There is a very nice Double form which is sterile so no fear of seeds or
spreading.

--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

[IMG] code is On

Gorse Tahiri[_2_] United Kingdom 5 25-11-2012 07:28 PM
Gorse (Ulex Europeaus) as a garden plant papanix United Kingdom 11 10-01-2004 12:08 AM