Old 29-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Shelly

Default movie goof

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
Shelly said:

A result of filming in Europe, and not caring about the difference in

flora and
fauna. 'Rabbits is rabbits' to most people. While eastern cottontails

may dig
shallow scrapes, they in no way can compare to the warrens of European
rabbits. A daytime layup may be barely more than a shallow depression,

and
a nest is a small bowl, hardly a burrow -- barely holds the litter.

That's what I thought, Pat! So I have remembered something from my rabbit
project back when I was in 4-H. I believe they filmed the movie in
Romania, which would explain the goof.

-Michelle

Old 30-01-2004, 06:02 AM

from everything I heard, that isnt all that was completely phoney in the movie.
sigh. I have such a prejudice against films that run ads on TV every commercial. I
never go to see them, I dont even watch em on TV. STill refuse to watch madison
county and ... that ship that sank movie. Ingrid

"Roberta L. Mueller" wrote:

I just saw the great new movie "Cold Mountain." There is a scene of an
Easter picnic and on the table is a big bouquet of pink and white COSMOS!
Any gardener knows they don't bloom until late summer, even in North
Carolina (I'm sure?). Also the tree above looks kind-of too leafed out for
Easter. (It didn't ruin the fantastic movie for me though

Maddy, I love your posts always!!!

Roberta

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.
Old 30-01-2004, 01:12 PM
Frogleg

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 07:28:39 -0800, "Roberta L. Mueller"
wrote:

I just saw the great new movie "Cold Mountain." There is a scene of an
Easter picnic and on the table is a big bouquet of pink and white COSMOS!
Any gardener knows they don't bloom until late summer, even in North
Carolina (I'm sure?). Also the tree above looks kind-of too leafed out for
Easter. (It didn't ruin the fantastic movie for me though

Well, Easter is a movable feast. The dates for 1860 through 1865 run
from late March to mid-late April. I don't know what year the movie is
supposed to be set in. Last frost date varies considerably in NC, from
late Feb in the coastal lowlands to June in the mountains. Don't know
where the movie/book was set, either. Cosmos are quick-growing and
here in zone 7b-8, we can easily have 2 crops of plants and flowers in
a single growing season. That is, seeds from the first flowers can be
used to grow (and see flower) a 2nd crop. Depending on when and where
'Cold Mountain' is, it *is* conceivable they could have had Cosmos for
Easter. 'Though not likely. :-)

[IMG] code is On

Goof of the day. willshak Lawns 17 27-11-2005 09:36 PM
When the yard police goof [email protected] Gardening 28 12-07-2005 06:30 AM
Heron attack on movie Patrick Christensen Ponds (alternative) 0 17-05-2004 09:14 PM
[IBC] Discovery channel movie on Geisha dalecochoy Bonsai 0 10-04-2003 06:45 PM
like the movie "Groundhog Day"? JimS. Roses 4 01-03-2003 08:16 PM