Old 10-02-2004, 03:42 PM
Alexis Demers-Marcil

Default spraying indoor plants...

Hello, I was woundering if I had a good habit or a bad habit. I spray
lightly my plants with room temperature water a few times per day,
when I pass in front of them. Is that good or bad? I do that in order
to build up the humidity level of my appartement.

thanks for your answer

Alexis
Old 10-02-2004, 04:32 PM
Jim Lewis

"Alexis Demers-Marcil" wrote in message
om...
Hello, I was woundering if I had a good habit or a bad habit. I

spray
lightly my plants with room temperature water a few times per

day,
when I pass in front of them. Is that good or bad? I do that in

order
to build up the humidity level of my appartement.

thanks for your answer

Alexis

It probably doesn't help much, but it doesn't hurt, either.

Jim Lewis - - Tallahassee, FL - Only where
people have learned to appreciate and cherish the landscape and
its living cover will they treat it with the care and respect it
should have - Paul Bigelow Sears.

Old 10-02-2004, 04:33 PM
Ricky

"Alexis Demers-Marcil" wrote in message
om...
Hello, I was woundering if I had a good habit or a bad habit. I spray
lightly my plants with room temperature water a few times per day,
when I pass in front of them. Is that good or bad? I do that in order
to build up the humidity level of my appartement.

thanks for your answer

Alexis

If you start to see moss on the pots you are probably spraying too much. If
the carpet starts to turn green, ditto.

Old 10-02-2004, 10:05 PM
Beth

Many houseplants benefit from misting, especially in the dry indoor
conditions of most houses in the winter.
Rosemary, for instance, is difficult to keep happy unless there is humidity
in the air around it.

I say keep on misting!

Some plants that DO NOT like water on their leaves a
Geraniums
African violets

Beth

Old 12-02-2004, 10:04 PM
Kevin Cutlip

In the winter, I put my Trop's all over the bathroom once a month, shut the
door and turn the shower on HOT for about 5 min..They perk up to completely
different plants after about an hour in there, which perks ME up which makes
life more bearable for the rest of the folks here..I hate Feb. in

..

tree spraying necessary? jin Lawns 3 24-09-2003 11:12 PM
Ostrya Virginiana, Garlon 4, and Basal Bark spraying... Bruce Richardson alt.forestry 11 22-06-2003 02:33 AM
Spraying large patio Brian Hallett United Kingdom 9 09-06-2003 09:10 PM
Spraying block drive question Brian Hallett United Kingdom 6 13-01-2003 11:25 AM
Fruit Pests and spraying Steve Harris United Kingdom 4 06-01-2003 12:45 PM