Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-02-2004, 06:04 PM
madgardener

Default The first crocuses!!!

I decided with temperatures predicted to be near 60o F today and it already
being 61o F, I needed to go back outside and sweep and clean the dog run,
pull out some more vinca and begin to assess the spring showings. Not that
there weren't showings already, but as I was sweeping the fallen soil and
leaves and debris westward, noticing that there were smiling clumps of vinca
grinning out at me from between the landscape timbers that I have decided to
replace with an idea I saw I think in Lee Valley garden tools. A brace of
sorts that holds stepping stones verticle that you attach a top piece to
make really decent raised sides on a garden box.

Suddenly a soft mother of pearl blue caught my eye. Blue?? I stopped and
focased on where I saw it and YES!!!! The first crocus!!! WOO HOO!!!!!
This excited me to the point of stopping my sweeping and I ran over to the
Colorado bed and sure enough, there was another clump of grassy leaves and a
YELLOW one. ALRIGHT!! Although it seems a bit late for my crocuses to be
just beginning, I am pleased beyond description. And add to that the fact
that I with the warm temperatures today, my Cornelian Cherry tree will burst
open today. GBSEG Spring is on it's way here in Eastern Tennessee!!!

madgardener up on the sunny ridge, back in Fairy Holler, overlooking English
Mountain, zone 7, Sunset zone 36

[IMG] code is On

crocuses martin United Kingdom 2 10-03-2004 11:47 PM
Question on Crocus The first crocuses!!! Frank Gardening 4 20-02-2004 11:49 AM
Crocuses crocuses crocuses paghat Gardening 5 12-02-2004 03:12 AM
Crocuses!! MadGardener Gardening 20 02-03-2003 12:39 PM
Why are My Crocuses growing ? Kate Morgan United Kingdom 0 28-09-2002 10:33 PM