Old 23-02-2004, 05:12 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Default The case of the shrinking planters

On 2/23/04 10:23 AM, in article
, "Laurie"
wrote:

By the way, I live in the Northwest in the Cascade foothills in zone 6-7.
The mornings are still ice-covered and frosty. Should I start this now, or
when it stops freezing at night. I don't want to shock my daisies.

I'd wait to do the perennials until the frost out the ground.

Another question.....I had a huge potato tree in a big round planter. It was
cut back last year. Do those things come back good enough to keep him?

Can you point me to a website?

Also,
I have a very large buddleia, about 6' tall, that I cut back and all, but is
still full of leaves and branches and looking pretty good. Should I scratch
in some new soil and such? I got him last year and he is in his own big pot
on wheels, so his soil level isn't sucky like the planters.

At little organic fertilizer should do the trick.

Cheryl

Old 23-02-2004, 11:28 PM
Laurie

My potato bush. Now that I look at its specs here, why do I think a freezing
winter killed it deader than a doornail..........?

Family: Solanaceae (sol-uh-NAY-see) (Info)
Genus: Lycianthes (lish-ee-AN-theez) (Info)
Species: rantonnetii
Cultivar: Royal Robe
Synonym:Solanum rantonnetii ('Royal Robe')

Category:
Shrubs
Tropicals/Tender Perennials

Height: