Old 23-02-2004, 10:09 AM
madgardener

Default Virginia bluebells nubbins???!?

Yesterday I was searching out all the signs of emerging. Someone has gotten
a bit ahead of schedule in the flower wakening department.........or it's
because this whiskey barrel is under a black cherry tree, facing west and
with it's back to the east on a northward slope...........but I found little
purplish nubbins all clustered together tightly.............madgardener up
on the ridge, back in Fairy Holler where the fairies have obviously gotten a
little ahead of schedule? overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee,
zone 7, Sunset zone where the massive high winds pruned part of the long
dead mimosa and spared my Diablo ninebark and Wine and Roses weigelia,
Lorepedilum Pizzazz and lilac bushes............

Old 24-02-2004, 04:32 AM
B & J

Rotten fairies! The ones I purchased a couple years ago didn't survive until
the end of the first season much less come up too early the following year.
You don't play fair...
John

Old 24-02-2004, 09:48 PM
madgardener

THEY don't play fair GBSEG and I now have the first daffodil. Not a great
one but one never the less.
maddie

Old 25-02-2004, 10:42 AM
Ann

"B & J" expounded:

Rotten fairies! The ones I purchased a couple years ago didn't survive until
the end of the first season much less come up too early the following year.
You don't play fair...

Hey, John, send me your address and I'll send you plenty of mertensia
starts in a month or so (mine are still frozen solid!)

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Old 26-02-2004, 03:32 AM
B & J

"Ann" wrote in message
"B & J" expounded:

Rotten fairies! The ones I purchased a couple years ago didn't survive

until
the end of the first season much less come up too early the following

year.
You don't play fair...

Hey, John, send me your address and I'll send you plenty of mertensia
starts in a month or so (mine are still frozen solid!)

--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA
********************************

Ann, That's one of the nicest offers I've had for a long time, Of course,
I'll take you up on it, but I do expect to send you postage and perhaps
something in return.

I sent an email to your address in this post. If it doesn't arrive, please
contact me at

Thanks....

John

[IMG] code is On

Virginia bluebells anything similar? Bill[_13_] Gardening 1 06-04-2009 06:30 AM
Bluebells Plant Thieves Tarzan United Kingdom 5 11-04-2005 09:37 PM
English bluebells jane United Kingdom 24 09-05-2003 01:08 AM
Bluebells on the lawn Fred United Kingdom 2 14-04-2003 07:08 PM
Spanish Bluebells Todd J. Gardening 6 28-03-2003 07:32 PM