Old 15-06-2004, 03:02 AM
B & J

Default What the heck are these?

"Darren Garrison" wrote in message
news
So, one of the (it turned out to be) daylilies has just opened it's first
bloom today, and it is one
of the orange ones, but it has THREE layers! Check it out:

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison...lytriple_1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison...lytriple_2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison...lytriple_3.jpg

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:58:33 -0500, Darren Garrison

wrote:

At the site where an old house has been recently torn down and the groud

leveled, I found these
plants lying bare-root on the surface (surrounding them were some growing

from roots beneath the
ground. The roots start out long and narrow, but buldge out on the ends.

Is this a perinnial
flower that I should keep and plant, or just some type of grass that I

can toss?

Where do you live so that I can check of there are any more of those
beauties lying around in need of a home? ;-)

John

Old 15-06-2004, 03:03 AM
HA HA Budys Here

From: "B & J"

wrote:

At the site where an old house has been recently torn down and the groud

leveled, I found these
plants lying bare-root on the surface (surrounding them were some growing

from roots beneath the
ground. The roots start out long and narrow, but buldge out on the ends.

Is this a perinnial
flower that I should keep and plant, or just some type of grass that I

can toss?

Where do you live so that I can check of there are any more of those
beauties lying around in need of a home? ;-)

John

I have tons. Most already potted. As I added more variety to my landscape,
these daylilies just had to go, but can't bear to throw them away and my
friends have already taken all they can handle.

Old 16-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Frogleg

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004 11:01:50 -0400, Darren Garrison
wrote:

So, one of the (it turned out to be) daylilies has just opened it's first bloom today, and it is one
of the orange ones, but it has THREE layers! Check it out:

http://webpages.charter.net/garrison...lytriple_1.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison...lytriple_2.jpg
http://webpages.charter.net/garrison...lytriple_3.jpg

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 12:58:33 -0500, Darren Garrison wrote:

At the site where an old house has been recently torn down and the groud leveled, I found these
plants lying bare-root on the surface (surrounding them were some growing from roots beneath the
ground. The roots start out long and narrow, but buldge out on the ends. Is this a perinnial
flower that I should keep and plant, or just some type of grass that I can toss?

I remember your earlier post. How nice that they turned out so well.
Now you'll want to get more and different ones, right? :-)