Old 30-03-2004, 02:32 PM
Heavenly Scent

Default What's a good evergreen screen?

Hello,
I am looking for a good evergreen screen for Zone 3. I really like the
look of the Leyland Cypress but am unsure if it would stand up in our zone.
Any ideas?

Tracy

Old 30-03-2004, 04:02 PM
William Wagner

In article ,
"Heavenly Scent" wrote:

Hello,
I am looking for a good evergreen screen for Zone 3. I really like the
look of the Leyland Cypress but am unsure if it would stand up in our zone.
Any ideas?

Tracy

Here in Zone 5 New Jersey we have found Japanese Holly useful. Slow
grower though. Hint move them every few years and the roots will yield
young plants. Bird friendly too.

Bill
Old 30-03-2004, 04:12 PM
David J Bockman

No, Leylands are only hardy to zone 6 as I recall. What are the conditions
of the site where you'll be planting?

Dave

Old 01-04-2004, 07:41 AM
Father Haskell

Heavenly Scent wrote:

Hello,
I am looking for a good evergreen screen for Zone 3. I really like the
look of the Leyland Cypress but am unsure if it would stand up in our zone.
Any ideas?

Bamboo. Most are "evergreen," though not specifically conifers.